Successfully reported this slideshow.
We use your LinkedIn profile and activity data to personalize ads and to show you more relevant ads. You can change your ad preferences anytime.

Asian Outbound Real Estate Investment 2016

168 views

Published on

Asian outbound real estate investment was dominated by Chinese investors in 2016, accounting for nearly half of total investment—with 47% or US$28.2 billion—according to latest data compiled by CBRE. Overall outbound investment activity by Asian investors remained robust with institutional investors continuing to lead investment activity, contributing to six of the top ten biggest outbound deals of the year.

Published in: Real Estate
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

Asian Outbound Real Estate Investment 2016

  1. 1. INSTITUTIONAL INVESTORS* LEAD INVESTMENT ACTIVITY A S I A N O U T B O U N D I N V E S T M E N T 2 0 1 6 CBRE RESEARCH This report was prepared by the CBRE APAC Research Team, which forms part of CBRE Research – a network of preeminent researchers who collaborate to provide real estate market research and econometric forecasting to real estate. © 2017 CBRE, Inc. Information contained herein, including projections, has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable. While we do not doubt its accuracy, we have not verified it and make no guarantee, warranty or representation about it. It is your responsibility to confirm independently its accuracy and completeness. This information is presented exclusively for use by CBRE clients and professionals and all rights to the material are reserved and cannot be reproduced without prior written permission of CBRE. Singapore has the most diverse sector exposure China leads outbound investment CHINA REPLACES SINGAPORE AS LARGEST SOURCE OF CAPITAL Hotel IndustrialOffice Retail Residential Other Mixed-use China US$ 2 8bn. 25% in New York 41% in London AMERICAS US$ 25.5bn. EMEA ASIA US$ 16.2bn. US$ 14.0bn. PACIFIC US$ 4.4bn. Country Sector US Majordestinations H ong Kong U K UK Australia South Korea Europe Japan US Hong Kong US$ 8bn. South Korea US$ 7bn. Other US$3bn. Japan US$ 3bn. 1 2 3 1 2 3 Singapore US$12bn. TOTAL INVESTMENT US$ 60.0bn. Property Company Conglomerate Property Fund Private Investor Others Sovereign Wealth Fund Insurance Company Other Institutions China Singapore South Korea Major sources of capital: China South Korea Taiwan 1 2 3 1 2 3 43% of the total 27% of the total 63% of the total 37% of the total 23% of the total 23% of the total Other Investors Institutional Investors of the total 7% 1 2 3 30% in Hong Kong 53% in Sydney Institutional investors include Insurance firms, Sovereign Wealth Funds, Pension Funds and other institutional investors Transactions include deals in the Office, Retail, Mixed, Industrial, Hotel, Residential and Other commercial sectors. Development sites are excluded. Source: RCA, CBRE Research, February 2017 Chinese outbound investment intentions will remain strong in 20171 . However, activity is expected to slow as tighter capital controls will lengthen the deal process, particularly for larger sized deals. 1 CBRE Asia Pacific Investor Intentions Survey 2017 *

×