On April 10, 2019, I enjoyed being a partner presenter with Chris Tuttle of Idealware. I was a "color commentator," which means I added my own thoughts to Chris' presentation and examples from my own experience.
- To learn more about Idealware, and to avail yourself of its helpful educational programs and trainings, follow this link: https://www.idealware.org/training-calendar/.
- To listen-in on our ReadyTalk program, follow this link: http://seminars.idealware.org/Recording_SMToolkit19_Sess2.
Questions? Contact me anytime: email@example.com.
think like a social media user
Remember Why They Are Using Social Media
• To post updates to their
friends and family
• To talk to brands
• To share pictures and videos
• To market themselves
• To learn about things to do
• To have fun
Breaking Through the Social Interaction
How do we provide value that will be compelling compared to this?
The Magic Happens When You Engage Your
Constituents in a Truly Social Way.
You Need to Provide VALUE at Every Stage
What Does It Mean to Provide Value?
What can you provide for people
online that they will care about?
• What services can you offer?
• Can they volunteer online?
• Can this be a portal to involvement:
events, community building, etc.?
• What info can you share?
• What questions can you answer?
Before each post, ask yourself: how is this providing value?
Attract Followers: Offer Exciting Things
And keep them hungry for more!
• Ask constituents to invite friends
• Ask influencers to promote page
• Include link in emails and on
• Include on business cards,
email signature, presentations
• Do a campaign with an incentive
• Contests- photo contests work
• Tell people!
Get People “In The Door”
Develop Content Based on the Pyramid
What will you do at each stage to provide value?
Listen and Respond
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri SatSun
Devise a Weekly Plan for Content
Collaborate To Avoid Duplication
Create a forum to share best practices & ask questions!
Thanks to the following who provided input into the
development of this curriculum:
• Chris Tuttle
• Corolyn Appleton
• Amadie Hart
• Michele Tomlinson
All images are used under a Creative Commons royalty-free
non-attribution license, except for speaker headshots which
were provided by the speakers.