This game development platform is not popular - despite it is very powerful. The cost of entry is a bit higher in comparison with Corona, Marmalade, Cocos etc (in the reality it is not so high if you familiar with C/C++ / Java and you are not afraid of low-level at all) but finally the developer gets much freedom and expressive power. BTW, it's a rare case you can develop mobile games under Linux (not Windows or OS X).
The slides maybe useful for professional programmers as well as for novices.
* Objectives and constraints
* Development priorities
* Requirements for game framework
* Planned abstraction layers
* Selection of game engine and tools
* Implementation: game model, model controller, UI
* Actual abstraction layers
* Benefits and problems encountered
* Conclusion: Is the game worth the candle?