1:1 Marketing in Action

1,139 views

Published on

True 1:1 marketing is not only possible, it is highly effective in converting and retaining shoppers. Learn how Gorsuch successfully utilizes shopper profiles to communicate with consumers on an individual basis through personalized email alerts and messaging.

Published in: Technology, Business
0 Comments
0 Likes
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

No Downloads
Views
Total views
1,139
On SlideShare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
42
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
15
Comments
0
Likes
0
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide
  • Gorsuch Slide
  • Gorsuch Slide
  • Gorsuch Slide
  • Gorsuch Slide
  • Gorsuch Slide, Andy recommendation in red
  • Gorsuch Slide
  • MyBuys has grown dramatically over the past 6 to 12 months adding more than 100 new retail clients. With more IR 500 clients than anyone else, our momentum and range of clients from those generating $2 M in TOS to hundreds of millions in on line sales; MyBuys is THE LEADER, we own this space. Our service is truly multi channel, our clients use a wide range of services and our approach to shopper connectivity and data is unmatched.
  • I took the real alert examples I received and made up the story line for this slide and the next.
  • 1:1 Marketing in Action

    1. 1. 1:1 Marketing in ActionThe holy grail of marketing realized.
    2. 2. GorsuchGreat fashion deserves a personalizedshopping experience.
    3. 3. Who is Gorsuch? Gorsuch is a Family Owned Business based in Vail, CO  Started in the back of a station wagon by Renie & David Gorsuch, members of 1960 Olympic Ski Team  Have 6 Brick & Mortar Stores in premier ski resorts including: Vail, Beaver Creek, and Aspen  One of the founding families of Vail, CO with the famous clock tower the location of our flagship store.  Expanded business to include a catalog and website
    4. 4. Gorsuch Evolution Our Catalog propelled our business and more than doubled our revenues  Vertical focus • Vacation clothing and housewares  Our market • Top 1% • People focused on fashion, handmade, and limited availability products • Expanded from CO and our top 3 states became NY, CA, TX.  Marketing • The catalog was our only marketing tool before we launched an ecommerce site. • As a result of our website, customers are shifting away from print catalog allowing us to reduce print mailing.
    5. 5. Background Launched website in 1999  Catalog 70%, Stores 30%  1 year later, Website was 10% • Incremental revenue gains  Ecommerce revenue expanded to approximately 30% (2007) after we began sending broadcast emails  Today, ecommerce is close to 50% (48% in 2011)
    6. 6. Website StatsWeb Metrics for 2011 Over 573,000 unique visitors Site produced over $16,000,000 in sales Broadcast emails produced over $1,900,000 in sales Paid Keywords other than the Gorsuch name produced less than .001% in sales Natural Keyword Searches were higher, but not significantly Seasonal business, even on our website
    7. 7. A Week in the Life of Gorsuch Email Marketing Email Marketing is our only source of marketing  Send out daily broadcasts to entire list, over 1.5M in December Our Strategy  House list size is too small to segment based on products/categories  Needed to treat each shopper as unique  Main source of marketing Stats:  House list: 45,000  Drops per week: 6  % of revenue from all emails: 19%  Open rates: 11%  Click rate: 5%  Conversion rates: 1.7%  Deliverability: 99.8%  Unsubscribe: < 1% month avg.
    8. 8. How We Do Segmentation & TargetingWe use MyBuys Alerts as our targeting solution, andthey produce higher results: Delivery: once a week Number Sent: Avg. 14,500 or 32% of house file Open rate: 17% avg. vs. 11% from broadcasts Conversion rate: 8.4% avg. vs. 1.7% from broadcast Alert campaign generated an avg. of $25,342 vs $16,112 for a broadcast during the same period Also send a standard broadcast email same day.
    9. 9. 1:1Email and AlertsEmail Marketing’s Best Friend
    10. 10. MyBuys – Market Leader in Personalization2011 400+ Retailers201020092008 2010 & 2011 #16 Fastest Personalization Growing Leader Marketing & IR 500 Advertising Company
    11. 11. 1:1 Personalized Email Options Profile & Catalog- Retailer-Driven Consumer-Driven Driven• Emails initiated by • Emails initiated by • Emails initiated by the retailer consumer consumer’s past• Recommendations • Abandoned Cart behavior based on consumer • Recommendations • Triggered based on & product(s) delivered in real-time individual profiles,• “Reactive” catalog, relevance • “Proactive”
    12. 12. Personalized Email - CMR Top sellers or personalized recommendations?ProfileStore Newsletters
    13. 13. Retailer-Initiated Emails Average 1% lift in Total Online Sales from CMRProfileStore Newsletters, Order Confirmation, Shipping Confirmation, …
    14. 14. Consumer-Behavior Initiated EmailReal-time (1 hr) 7 days after • Real-time monitor watching for events • Real-time sends for cart abandonment increase conversion by 2x • Larger pool of targets – can you recognize consumers as soon as they land on your site? • Can you personalize every 24 hrs after email? 15
    15. 15. Profile- & Catalog-Initiated EmailWhat would you do if you had idle resources? “Alerts are what you’d do with your team (if you had enough of them sitting around…)” 16
    16. 16. An Electronic Personal Shopper Profile Offer House List AliB223@....com Store Store AliBristol@....com AliB1992@....com AliBeatty2@....com RecommendationAliBSweet@facebook.com Engine AliBStrong33@....com Relevant Products with high 22% New Inv = 6 catalog probability purchase 78% ✔ changes based on AliB223’s that matchbehavior, affinities, … her profile X-sell 81% Sale 65%
    17. 17. An Electronic Personal Shopper Profile Offer House List AliB223@....com Store Store AliBristol@....com AliB1992@....com AliBeatty2@....com RecommendationAliBSweet@facebook.com Engine AliBStrong33@....com null ✖
    18. 18. An Electronic Personal Shopper Profile Offer House List AliB223@....com Store Store AliBristol@....com AliB1992@....com AliBeatty2@....com RecommendationAliBSweet@facebook.com Engine AliBStrong33@....com 22% Inv=1 73% ✔ New 78% 69% 81% X-sell Cart 52% 65%
    19. 19. Gorsuch Alert Examples Alert 1 Subject Line: “On Top of Everyone’s List” Shopper activity:  Return Shopper  Has an affinity towards wool and cashmere.  High price point  Purchases predominately outerwear and cold weather styles.
    20. 20. Gorsuch Alert Examples Alert 2 Subject Line: “Recommendations for you”
    21. 21. Results at 2-3x Average Rates +107% +66% +280% Open Rate Click Through Conversion30.00% 6.00% 10.00% 9.00%25.00% 5.00% 8.00% 4.00% 7.00%20.00% 6.00%15.00% 3.00% 5.00% 4.00%10.00% 2.00% 3.00% 1.00% 2.00%5.00% 1.00%0.00% 0.00% 0.00% MyBuys Industry MyBuys Industry MyBuys Industry 1:1 Personalized Industry 1:1 Personalized Industry 1:1 Personalized Industry
    22. 22. Converting Consumers by Last Purchase Date Over 50% of Returning after 1-14 days, 13% purchasers were new-to-file or hadn’t purchased Returning after 15-30 days, 10% in last 365 days Returning after 30-60 Returning after more days, 11% than 365 days/New to file, 52% Returning after 60-90 days, 4% Returning after 90-120 days, 3% Returning after 120- 365 days, 8%* average across MyBuys Personalized Alerts clients 23
    23. 23. 1:1 Personalized EmailFull-service 1:1 emailpersonalization • Client Retailer- Initiated Message Recommendations Monetize newsletters and order/ship confirmations Recover lost revenue from Profile Consumer- • Real-Time abandoned shopping carts Initiated Alerts Store Engage and retain consumers with shopping alerts Profile & • Personal Catalog- Shopper Initiated Alerts 24
    24. 24. Benefits of 1:1 Personalization with MyBuysKey benefits for Bronto Clients: Convert shoppers with personalized alerts Engage visitors with highly relevant promotional messages Cross-promote products in activity based triggered messages Drive revenue through recommendations in transactional messages Increase average order size and repeat purchases No new resources required to drive 1:1 personalized email

    ×