The Non-Perpetrators Guide To Personal Branding by Michael Brito
T H E N O N - P E R P E T R A T O R S G U I D E T O
M I C H A E L B R I T O
A bit about Brito…
• Father, husband of Kathy, Milan and Savannah
• Head of Social Strategy at WCG, a W2O Company
• Adjunct Professor, San Jose State & UC Berkeley
• Wrote (2) books on social media and business
• Served 8 years in the US Marines
A brand is not a …
A brand is a collection of
THOUGHTS & PERCEPTIONS
in the mind of others.
They are born, survive & prosper based on
and the conversations about those
Why should employers care about
of people ﬁnd "people
like yourself” credible
and trust worthy when
seeking information about
a product or a brand
67%• Employee advocacy
• Promote/Defend the brand
• Employee Engagement
Why should employees care about
• Increases their inﬂuence
• Exposure for future opportunities
• Internal “rock star” recognition
• It just “feels good” to belong
Questions for you to consider …
• What are the goals and objectives for you?
• What are you passionate about?
• What motivates you?
• How can you stand out among others?
5 rules to building your brand
1. Adopt a Hustler mentality.
2. NEVER, ever give up.
3. Don’t perpetrate and try to and be
someone or something you are not.
4. Don’t tear down other people’s
brands in order to build your own.
5. Stand up for what you believe in.