Presenter: Charles Gould, Managing Director, Brightwave
NB: This presentation was originally delivered at Learning Technologies Conference and Exhibition on Thursday 28th January.
Overview: Video has been a feature of workplace learning for decades. Many people will remember the corporate training videos starring Monty Python members in the eighties. Why then is the most engaging format of the 20th and 21st centuries often off the menu for e-learning?
Video is an exciting democratic format that enables the exchange of knowledge and know-how in the world. Think YouTube. It's familiar, engaging and now accessible. In 2010 how can this medium successfully transfer to the workplace?
Charles Gould will demonstrate how to embrace video in e-learning and overcome the fear:
* Address the perceived barriers to entry
* Demonstrate a number of examples - from videos and animations with high production values to the lo-fi and homespun
* How video plays to the visual online medium
* Why video is set to be the perfect performance support tool
* How it can work effectively within an e-learning course, in its own right or as part of a campaign