• Brian D. Fontanella
15 Hastings Drive
Merrick, New York 11566
Home (516) 826-2837 Cell (516) 728-4013
6/08- Retired 09/15 CITIBANK N. A. Private Bank Service Assistant Vice President
• Initial point of contact for all Private Bank Clients with regard to their assets held in the Private
Bank. Participate and arrange client meetings geared toward strengthening our relationship with the
client. Advise clients on all Banking issues as well as Mutual Funds purchase and redemptions.
Series 6 and 63 liscenced.
5/07 – 6/08 CITIBANK N.A. – Private Bank Branch Manager
Responsible for the complete operation of the Private Bank Branch. Duties included opening and
closing of the branch, conducting the daily proof process, monitoring and controlling losses by
insuring adherence to all audit and control procedures. Also responsible for the salary
administration and review for all staff.
7/02 –5/07 CITIBANK, N.A. - Statements Specialist - Assistant Vice President
• Statement Specialist in the Vendor Management Unit of the Private Bank. Assisted in the
management of the Corporate and Consumer Bank statement facilities responsible for producing the
Private Bank banking and investment statements. Ensuring that statements across eight product
processors are generated and rendered according to US and Latin America requirements.
Responsibilities include the development of system enhancements on an ongoing basis as well as
project management of major initiatives including statement migration and website development.
Also responsible for improving statement delivery and the elimination of client perceptible statement
issues. Led the quality control team that was responsible for the verification of all pertinent data
prior to releasing the statements for mailing.
• Team Leader with Americas Data Quality Unit. Responsible for the reconcilement of all banking
and investment products to the Private Bank Relationship Report. The Relationship Report provides
Private Bank clients with consolidated asset and liability reporting across Citigroup. Specific
responsibilities included leading the banking reconcilement team and assisting the investment
reconcilement team as an investment specialist.
9/99 – 2/02 AUTOMATIC DATA PROCESSING - Senior Director Standards/Compliance and Test Process
• Managed a unit consisting of four employees responsible for auditing the software work products
and project activities outlined in the Capability Maturity Model. Responsibilities included the audit
of Software Activity prepared by the Project Managers and the development of corrective action
• Performed special reviews as requested by Senior Management as well as identifying and developing
processes to support the Software process improvement effort.
• Managed the Test Process Assurance Unit consisting of three employees responsible for ensuring
that the development area had tested all software releases prior to turnover to the Product Assurance
6/94 – 9/99 CITIBANK, N.A. – Senior Auditor/Operations Manager – Assistant Vice President
• Lead Auditor for Corporate Audit. Responsibilities included leading several audits in Private Bank
Operations, to determine if a sound control environment existed. Participated as a product specialist
on the Trust and Estate and Front Office reviews. Re-engineered the funds movement authentication
• Operations Manager in the Private Bank Securities Operations. Managed the Pricing, Cash
Management and Mutual Funds Processing units. Duties included interfacing with the front office to
establish new cash management products. Also responsible for coordinating all record keeping and
funds movement for offshore proprietary funds as well as third party mutual funds.
• Managed a staff of twenty-six people in the Global Custody Unit. The unit was responsible for the
processing of all security and foreign exchange transactions for the Global Custody Operations area.
Duties included the control and resolution of customer initiated claims and investigations as well as
management of the daily proof.
09/90 – 6/94 CLEARWAY AUTO PARTS – Nassau County Sales Director
• Responsible for sales and collections for Nassau County. Increased the gross sales by over 200%
from $1.9MM to $6.2MM. Developed relationships with existing customers as well as establishing
new customers through cold calling. Duties also included the resolution of customer disputes.
06/89 - 09/90 B&R SHELL - Owner and Manager
• Responsible for complete operation of a twenty-four hour service station. Duties included hiring,
scheduling, accounts payable and receivable control, budgeting, inventory control and government
03/85 - 06/89 CITIBANK, N.A. - Operations Manager – Assistant Vice President
• Operations Manager for the Investment Bank Foreign Currency Funding Unit. Managed the day-to-
day processing for deposits, placements, forward rate agreements, interest rate swaps, and foreign
exchange contracts. Also responsible for the reconcilement and exception resolution of transactions
processed through thirty foreign currency accounts held with overseas branches and foreign banks.
Duties also included profit and loss reconcilement with the traders and resolution of customer
• Operations Manager for the Investment Bank Domestic Funding Unit. Responsibilities included
managing the day-to-day transaction processing, accounting and regulatory reporting for certificates
of deposit, interest rate swaps, forward rate agreements and funding for corresponding pool rate
loans, as well as management of the daily proof. Total dollar portfolio valued at $16 billion.
• Operations Manager for the Investment Bank Overnight Federal Funds Unit. Responsibilities
included managing the day-to-day transaction processing of an average daily dollar volume of $8
billion, control of the daily proof, funds transfers and customer inquiries. Worked closely with the
project manager on the development and implementation of an automated environment for the unit.
• Operations Manager for the Asset Sales Trading Area of the Investment Bank. Managed a portfolio
of assets valued at $2 billion, managed the daily proof, funds transfers, salary administration, and
review of staff members, and was responsible for the consolidation of the NABG and NAIB Asset
12/83 - 03/85 IRVING TRUST COMPANY- Section Manager
• Managed the Bank’s Asset Services Department within Custody Operations. Duties included salary
administration and review of 19 employees. Responsible for income distribution, reorganization and
responding to broker and customer initiated claims, as well as the timely and accurate resolution of
open balances in Accounts Receivable.
03/82 - 12/83 CITIBANK, N.A. – Operations Officer
• Responsible for the supervision of seven employees and the execution of income payments due on
registered bonds and stocks to institutional customer accounts.
02/81 - 03/82 BRADFORD TRUST COMPANY
• Portfolio Manager of U.S. Government guaranteed SBA loans sold in the secondary market;
responsible for the complete operation of the default area.
EDUCATION: St. John’s University
1979 B.S. in Marketing, Minor in Economics