make an impact with your investment dollars,
in the company of like-minded people
This document is STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL, is for informational purposes only,
and shall not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation to buy any securities
referred to herein. Under no circumstances are its contents to be reproduced or
distributed, in whole or in part, by the recipient. Any statement in subscription
documentation shall be deemed to modify or supersede any statement in this
document. Any and all investments made in connection with the information set
out in this document will be strictly limited to “Accredited Investors” and others
who are speciﬁcally deﬁned as being permitted to make investments without the
disclosure required under a prospectus or any similar document providing
detailed information relating to investments pursuant to any and all applicable
Invest in leading entrepreneurs and ventures with global growth and impact
Invest in a fund managed by an experienced investment professional with
18+ years in corporate ﬁnance, investment banking, venture development,
and impact investing.!
Meet other investors, connect with the Pique Fund investor community, and
learn from each other.
BC taxpayers investing in the fund receive $3 back in tax credits for every
Investment is eligible for transfers from RRSP and TFSA or new investment
via RRSP and TFSA.*!
*subject to terms and conditions.
Pique Fund exists to level the playing ﬁeld in the investment and startup
community. We aim create more equitable societies by investing in proﬁtable
companies that improve access to resources and empower people.
Our target companies solve big problems that a signiﬁcant market of customers
is facing and are led and managed by people respected as leaders in their
Pique Fund is Pique Venture Investments (VCC) Inc., an impact venture investment fund.
Pique Fund is managed by Pique Ventures (Pique Venture Management Inc.), an impact
investment and management company helping investors and CEOs make ﬁnancial decisions
conﬁdently, especially in high-stakes situations.
Pique Fund strives to be a leader in impact investing, working with a diverse
community of entrepreneurs and investors and focusing on investing in women-
Through our community, we envisage helping more people make investment
decisions, applying the approach of Integrated Investing.
We have a vision of remarkable blended ﬁnancial and non-ﬁnancial returns
and an investment approach that encourages the well-being of our stakeholders
Executing on our Vision
Invest in a mix of early-seed and late-seed
Invested in the late-seed round of 2 companies and
early-seed round of 2 companies
Invest in post-idea stage, growing companies
Invested in revenue-generating, growing companies that
have been in operation for more than 2 years
Invest in at least 3 women-led companies for
every 4 companies in which Pique Fund invests
Invested in 4 women-led companies
(100% of portfolio so far)
Be a leader in diversity in the investor and
Pique Fund is the only angel fund in Canada making
equity investments with a focus on women and diversity
Late Seed Stage
Beanworks Solutions is automating accounting workﬂow and is a
vocal champion of diversity in tech!
• Grew the team to 19 staff and committed to at least a 50% female
workforce (compared to an average of 30% at tech giants such as
Google, Facebook, and Salesforce).
• Makes waves in an industry where more than half the workforce is
women, but percentage drops to 25% or lower at leadership levels.
• Has impact through its business model, in terms of business culture and
ePact Network is an efﬁcient, convenient solution to give people
access to the information and people they need in emergency and
• Executed business model and strategy in a smart way.
• Acquires users and customers successfully.
• Solves pain for customers immediately (reduce paperwork and form
ﬁlling) and delivers meaningful impact in situations of emergency and
crisis (manmade or natural).
Early Seed Stage
MyBestHelper gives working families access to affordable,
convenient, and trusted family care !
• Enables parents to participate in the workforce by giving them access to
child care options.
• Gives caregivers access to employment opportunities.
• Provides a convenient solution to help working families and caregivers
ﬁnd each other, where daycare and other care options are limited.
• Develops solutions to ease the stress experienced by modern-day
families, juggling responsibilities.
• Has direct impact for MyBestHelper’s customers and through its supply
Wearable Therapeutics empowers children and adults who have
sensory disorders with an convenient, attractive wearable technology
that applies deep pressure therapy!
• Enables users to control pressure applied
• Offers solution that is lighter than alternatives because it uses air instead
• Has direct impact for Wearable Therapeutics’ customers.
Connections in Venture Ecosystem
Pique Fund invests in:
• CEOs with strong leadership
skills and business acumen
• Ventures that are revenue-
generating and have customer
• Ventures that have already raised
• Ventures seeking investment for
further product enhancements
and to ramp-up sales and
We had a mission to move capital towards ventures in a more
purposeful way. But our intentions were about more than just impact in
what Pique Fund invested. Who invests also makes a difference. We
set out to create a fund that was more accessible to a diverse
• As of the end of February 2016, 14 out of 17 investors in Pique
Fund are women, representing 80% of the fund’s capital.
• Pique Fund’s investors are diverse in terms of wealth: 58% of our
investors are accredited investors, 42% are non-accredited investors.
• As of the end of February 2016, Pique Fund has helped
return over $75,000 to BC investors through the BC
venture capital tax credit program.
About the Founder
Bonnie Foley-Wong, CPA/CA, CFA, BMath, MAcc
Founder, Pique Ventures, an impact investment and management company.
Founding Investor, Pique Fund
• Since 2013, been advising companies and executing on alternative investment fund development.
• Co-founded Spring Activator in 2014, helping impact entrepreneurs grow their ventures.
• In 2011, worked with Vancity Credit Union, to launch Resilient Capital Program, which offered a deposit-based product to
impact investors and provided debt and equity-based ﬁnancing to impact ventures.
• Worked in the UK with social entrepreneurs and impact investors such as Big Issue Invest and Resonance from 2009 to 2011.
• Real estate investment banker with Dutch bank, ABN AMRO and Hypo Real Estate Bank (formerly part of HypoVereinsbank, at
the time, the second largest bank in Germany). Over the course of her banking career, she ﬁnanced over a billion dollars of
structured capital (EUR 800 million) working with investors such as Fortress, Brack Capital, Credit Suisse First Boston, Crown
NorthCorp, and LXB Retail Properties.
• From 2000 to 2003, corporate ﬁnance advisor with Deloitte, advising on private equity transactions such as the public-to-
private management buy-out of real estate investor, Moorﬁeld Group, a public share offering for a technology company, and
the management buy-in of a consumer credit company.
• Auditor with Deloitte.
• Chartered Public Accountant, Chartered Accountant and Chartered Financial Analyst. She has a Bachelor of Mathematics and
Master of Accounting from the University of Waterloo, Canada.
• Bonnie is the author of Integrated Investing: Impact Investing with Head, Heart, Body, and Soul (coming Fall 2016).
• With her husband and young daughter, Bonnie presently resides in Vancouver, Canada, a city where she believes she can
have the life, lifestyle, and livelihood she seeks for herself and her family.
Bonnie Foley-Wong developed an investment methodology, called Integrated
Investing, by which promising opportunities are evaluated and selected. The
methodology is designed to meet the diversity goals of the Fund and achieve solid,
blended returns for investors.
Integrated Investing is a robust investment evaluation and decision-making
approach. It is called integrated because the approach integrates traditional
evaluation methods built on thorough due diligence discipline, with venture
evaluation tools such as the Business Model Canvas and Seven Domains Models,
and impact evaluation tools such as Access to Essential Resources and Business
Integrated also refers to integrating analysis, emotion, body, and intuition into
investment decisions to achieve the remarkable returns we are striving for.
• We strongly believe the three themes of Leadership Diversity, the Creative Economy,
and Social Technologies are the areas of promising economic opportunity.
• Leadership Diversity: greater long-term proﬁtability, frequent headlines regarding
poor diversity statistics for Boards, technology companies, industries, diversity is
better for long-term sustainability
• Social Technology: increasing focus on relationships, not just transactions and how
technology can make lives better and more efﬁcient, global relevance and
scalability, majority of opportunities in the Fund’s pipeline have a technology
• Creative Economy: maker movement, creatives and designers often at the forefront
of innovation, signal trends, shift towards knowledge economy
Board & Investment Committee
Current Board and Investment Committee members are:
Investment Committee Chair, Member of the Board
Founder & Chief Investment Innovator, Pique Ventures
Investment Committee Member, Member of the Board
Chief Financial Ofﬁcer, Quantius
Investment Committee Member
Principal, Sum Things Ventured, Chief Operating Ofﬁcer, Toniic
Pique Fund works with the following leaders in professional and ﬁnancial services.
Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP!
Lawson Lundell LLP!
Western Paciﬁc Trust!
Self-Administered Plan Trustee (RRSP & TFSA accounts)
• Investment in Pique Venture Investments (VCC) Inc. (“Pique Fund”) is highly speculative and high risk.
• The SBVCA has speciﬁc restrictions including restrictions on the types of eligible investments the Fund may make,
minimum investment hold periods, the establishment of an Investment Protection Account equal to 30% of capital
raised in the Fund, and minimum investments made in any ﬁscal year.
• No assurances the tax credit will be granted to BC taxpayers as contemplated.
• The tax credit is provided on a “ﬁrst come, ﬁrst serve” basis and is provided subject to availability of allocated credit.
• Pique Venture Investments (VCC) Inc. is a private corporation. There is no readily available market for the shares in
the company. The transfer of shares is restricted under the VCC program and corporate law.
• Subscribers should seek independent professional advice regarding their investment in the Fund.
• There is no assurance that the Fund will be able to raise the target capital pool.
• There are no assurances that consequences associated with changes in income tax laws and CRA practices will not
adversely affect the Fund nor investors.
For further information, please contact:
Founder, Chief Investment Innovator
778-877-3041 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Pique Venture Investments (VCC) Inc.
Pique Venture Management Inc.
142-757 West Hastings Street
Vancouver, BC, V6C 1A1