BSP and Non-Bonner
Chantel Baker and Dominique Cressler
University of Richmond
● To reflect on the relationship our Bonner program
shares with the larger volunteer community at our
● To identify an area, or areas, where relationships
between Bonners and student volunteers can be
● To draft the initial steps to improving these
Who Are You?
(Name, College/University, Why did you choose this workshop?)
In what ways does BSP (Bonner Scholars Program)
connect with the volunteer community on campus?
Why do you believe your college/university has BSP
and the volunteering community organized how it
Identify resources and institutions currently in place
to support your BSP. How can those resources be
shifted to support those not in BSP?
(Ex. Funding, Transportation, Community
How can strengthening communication between BSP
and the volunteer community increase civic
engagement and reflection on campus?
As a group...
1. What have you gained from this workshop?
2. What advice can you give to another member of your group to help
them accomplish this goal?
3. What have you discovered about your program through this
4. How do you hope to successfully integrate BSP and the volunteer
community? What are possible solutions? Barriers?
Create an action plan that resembles your potential idea.