Ideas for growth and development.
• Finding existing groups
– Venture Street Network (Dunedin Area Business
– Creative Networking for Women (Palm Harbor)
• Create your own group
– Develop the website for the group
– Seek local business owners to join through post cards and
– Adds to your professional resume for increased sales.
– Example of our local groups that are very recent…
• Dayton Young Professionals Association Article only
• YAR Networking Website, largely my boss’ project
The Business Owner Perspective
• Interest Level
– Branding, it’s more than a product!
– People vs. Robot: The care factor
• Sample Page
• Understanding of basic concept: research
• The Deal Breakers – Discover this quickly!
The Competition Today
– Websites made in India!
– Outsourced and copy pasted code!
– Using only images provided vs…
– Being able to create new images
• *SIZZLE* Photography! (Explained later)
• *SIZZLE* Artwork! (Explained later)
• “Canned” website
– Fill in the blanks
– Cheap and easy form filled
• Photography & Art
– Big *sizzle* point for you already
– Can go further: points of purchase / banners
– As creating the website goes on, the apparent
need for these grows.
– Can always pitch the idea then can it.
• Customer Service
• Integration, esp. local level
Example of “Point of Purchase”
• Here’s where I send you a file.
• You’re cute
• I miss you
• Shall we take a break now? ;)
• The Guy that did our point of purchase:
– The ideas there would really follow up on things
– They are looking for a web designer…
– Main thing to look at here is their Work and blog
• Facebook! Twitter, etc.
– Added value!
– It doesn’t always have to be design related
– You can get referenced from other design
companies / the internet
– Website with sub-websites
– Compare different places
– Some of the “sub-websites” are designed by the
owners, some are links
• Is there something like this in the Tampa Bay
area? We could be the first to create it!
• The first step is networking
• The second step is refining the process
– Added Values
– Customer Service
• The final step is to “marry” these ideas and
integrate new ideas to continue to add value
to our product. - Branding