Be the first to like this
The South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD) Board passed proposed amendments to Rule 1402, Control of Toxic Air Contaminants from Existing Sources, on October 7, 2016. Rule 1402 implements elements of the California AB2588 Air Toxic Hot Spots Program, and has been revised for changes in State Health Risk Assessment Guidelines.
SCAQMD has been incorporating new HRA procedures into revised Risk Prioritization Guidelines and Health Risk Assessment Guidelines, and will be requiring facilities to use the new HRA procedures. SCAQMD will begin sending out letters to covered facilities offering the new Voluntary Risk Reduction Program, requiring Air Toxic Emissions Inventory updates, updated health risk assessment (HRAs) submittals, and other actions. The requirements will depend upon the level of reported health risk impacts, based upon an approved Air Toxic Inventory Report (ATIR) or HRA.
This webinar will answer your questions and provide you with helpful information you can use for compliance with Rule 1402 requirements:
- Description of Rule 1402 program steps, from emissions inventory, to prioritization, and health risk assessment.
- Your status in the Rule 1402 program, is your facility now a Significant Risk facility?
- How to work with SCAQMD to change status to a non-Significant Risk facility.
- Should your facility opt for Voluntary Risk Reduction, what are the benefits?
- Updating the Air Toxics Emissions Inventory or Health Risk Assessment, things you should know.
- What are the options to reduce health risk impacts?
- Timelines under the various Rule 1402 facility risk categories and compliance options.
The instructor for the webinar is James A. Westbrook, President of BlueScape Environmental. Since 1987, Mr. Westbrook has managed or completed more than 50 AB2588 ATIR and HRA projects for petroleum refineries, rock and gravel facilities, power plants, petroleum refineries, building material manufacturers, coating manufacturers, aerospace companies and many others.
BlueScape can be reached at email@example.com or 877-486-9257 for questions, customized training, and support for your air permitting, compliance and HRA projects.