Although Food, Medical and Pharmaceutical industries most readily come to mind when thinking about traceability and product recalls, there are many other industries involved. Whether you are a manufacturer, distributor or retailer, it is your responsibility to ensure that the integrity of the supply chain is not compromised due to improper product tracking. Regulatory bodies such as the FDA and CFIA have recently launched initiatives to increase accountability for traceability and product recalls.
This presentation provides the following information:
- What is product traceability?
- What industries does it apply to?
- Food and Pharma/Medical Recall statistics
- Regulation bodies in the US and Canada
- How regulatory bodies are enforcing traceability
- Benefits of traceability
- Traceability methods and next steps