Uruguay is home to a vast array of attractive business sectors, and the country has a highly educated local population. These two factors create an enticing business environment for foreign companies looking to establish operations in the region.
Hiring employees & recruitment requirements in Uruguay
Recruitment & Hiring
Key Considerations: Employment
Find below some of the key considerations that should be taken into account before contracting staff in Uruguay.
Max employer contribution is
Total cost of employment
• Pension contribution
• Health insurance social security
• Unemployment insurance
• Work related injures and/or illnesses coverage
• Special leave (maternity, study, death of a relative, marriage, etc.)
3 months maximum
Is there an employee
1.66 days of vacation per
Employers - they must also
pay employee’s social security
Who manages withholding
Can expatriate staff be
Do staff need a local
Through a local
Through a PEO solution:
Pathways to hiring staff
• Greater control of your employees
• Better knowledge of local market, laws and
• Viewed more positively than a PEO solution
• High set-up/ongoing costs
• Administration involved in managing a
• Accounting and tax obligations
Forming a Legal Entity in Uruguay
In Uruguay, there are (2) main types of legal entities: Corporations (S.A) and Limited Liability Company (SRL)
• You can operate without forming and
maintaining a local entity
• Limited legal responsibility
• Cost-effective way to convert
international contractors into employees
• The PEO becomes a co-employer
• Loss of control
• Costs involved with PEO services
• Compromised company culture
Professional Employer Organisation
International PEO is a method to employ staff without having your own company
Biz Latin Hub is a market leader in
helping individuals and companies to
successfully do business globally and has
multilingual services that are reliable,
tailored and responsive.
Our group is owned and managed by an
experienced team of local and expat
professionals, dedicated to assisting our
clients to navigate their way through the
complexities of the global business
We can help!
See how our services can support
your global expansion.
Are you ready to expand globally?
Contact us now.