Very few organisations know the real fundamentals of Blockchain, and even fewer have
the requisite resources and talent to execute. However, what is true is that everybody
wants to embrace it.
Birthvenue is a blockchain-as-a-service provider.
BirthVenue assists management teams in understanding the fundamentals of blockchain
technology by creating industry-speciﬁc case studies as references to use cases. Our team
of engineers develops elegant blockchain solutions and platforms to empower successful
businesses into new technology spaces. Our lawyers on board will help clarify all
regulatory requirements to make sure operations are within the purview of the law.
1. Lack of trust in the fragmented insurance industry.
2. Delayed insurance processing time.
3. Delayed claims settlement period.
How did the client go about addressing these issues?
The client is a company looking to create intelligent
solutions for prolonged and outdated insurance
claims management system in use presently.
Starting from health insurance, it wants to leverage
blockchain as the core technology platform for
building the platform.
They have partnered with Birthvenue to design and
develop version 1 of a dApp (decentralized app) on
top of blockchain taking 3 parties into account -
Customer, Hospital, Insurance Provider.
• Birthvenue’s team of developers provided
blockchain support to develop unique solutions for
the claims management process in the healthcare
• Birthvenue created a blockchain platform that is
backed by the Hyperledger Fabric infrastructure.
• Hyperledger helps organisations to form a
consortium and perform operations using smart
contracts and maintain a shared ledger.
• This helps in providing more transparent processing
as well as robust architecture.
The types of stakeholders involved in the equation
Application Platform(Acts on
behalf of the client's App users)
Claim Administrators Banks
• Each of these organisations hosts an MSP and two
peer nodes that acts as a network endpoint for the
• These nodes are owned and maintained by the
• These organisations deﬁnes the business rules with
which they perform transactions with each other.
• These business rules are embedded into the smart
• Execution of these smart contract operations is
triggered by the employees of the respective
organisations using a client interface.
• These employees use the credentials generated by
their organisations MSP to perform operations in
Birthvenue’s client list comprises industry disruptors and solution providers.
This case study is an example of a real-life application of blockchain
technology and how it can transform the insurance industry.
Birthvenue was able to help them navigate through the use and
implementation of blockchain to streamline many existing processes in a
Getting your Organisation on Blockchain.