CSS can get overly complex and unwieldy very quickly - especially on SharePoint Projects. To achieve the SharePoint branding you desire, often results in thousands of lines of CSS across many files. This approach is error prone and also a maintenance nightmare! However, there is a better way…
SASS (“Syntactically Awesome Style Sheets”) is fast becoming the preferred approach to develop your CSS! SASS is an extension to CSS which arms you with programming features such as variables, functions, loops and many more.
Join my session and I will take you from a complete SASS novice to someone that knows where SASS fits and how to use it with SharePoint.
Key Takeaways :
- I will explain what SASS is and where you would use it.
- How to use SASS to brand SharePoint without requiring lengthy deployments.
- How to create simple Rich Text Editor Styles using mixins and includes.
- How to apply a Grid layout and make it Responsive.
- How to structure your branding correctly to make it more maintainable.
- How CSS 4 fits into the picture and does it make SASS obsolete?