Business Analysis and Development
Here we Go….
• Discount Tags.
• Flipkart Experience center
• Track My Happiness.
• Family Weekend.
• Flipkart Festival.
• “There’s a special category of customers who trade on the
basis of ‘Discounts’. ”
• Categorize the products on the basis of the discounts offered.
Platinum (products with 60% and more discounts.)
Gold (products with 30-60 discounts.)
Silver (products with 0-30% discounts.)
• A simple business step to attract customers and benefit
• Provide efficient cashpoints to the customers on the basis of
• Key points for the cashpoints algorithm.
1.Minimum benchmark for cashpoints is 500 pts i.e
accumulation of Rs.250.
2.For accumulation 500 cashpoints,
RS.500=Previous purchase *5%
i.e. Cashpoints needs minimum purchase of Rs.5000 initially.
3.Cashpoints will not be accumulated against cashpoints
Purchase * 5% = Cashpoints
Cashpoints utilization or redemption = 20 % * new purchase
Consider an example for explanation of algorithm.
My initial purchase Flying Machine Jeans= Rs.2200
Cashpoints rewarded = 5% * purchase
= 5% * 2200
So my next purchase for cashpoints redemption is
Dirty Laundry Undergarment= 550/-
Discount rewarded = 20/100*550=120 i.e. 110 (round off.)
So, a minimum purchase of Rs.2750/- is required to get benefits
of 110/- on next purchase i.e. Rs.550/-. The sum shopping
amounts to Rs.2750 and discount of Rs.110 is a healthy trading.
Flipkart Experience Center
Consider an Example
• Target City : Pune.
• Source: Mobility Vehicle.
• Being an active customer of online trading sites, I have noticed
the best discounts Apparels.
• Considering Pune and its FC Road , try targeting the customers
by experiencing them the difference between Flipkart and
local stores(i.e. price tag.).
• The basic aim is to target District , Taluka and town level
places and enlighten the people with the power of E-
commerce (Flipkart ).
Track my happiness(Category)
• Bring out more info of the buyer and help them to buy more.
• Buyer’s info
Date of Birth
Mark event Upcoming events i.e. wedding, party and lots
Brands you follow and we will best discount it .
Refer a friend and win more cashpoints.
• Consider a Weeding Event, provide all essential
recommendations in recommendations for customer in a
special column “Track my happiness”.
“Combo offers, bulk deals, big purchase.”
• Buy Levis strauss jeans and UCB Shirt and get pair of hanky
• Months like June, Oct(pre-Diwali), Dec(pre-Christmas) can be
Flipkart festival period.
• Weekend of month or alternate month will be available as a
• Shop for 5 products or 30000 (whichever cost more) and get a
surprise gift from Flipkart or claim your cashpoints instantly
for a product of your choice.
• The customer will only get any one of the benefits i.e.
Cashpoints or surprise gift.
“Like Flipkart , tweet @ Flipkart a lucky winner get cashpoints.”
• Share your shopping experience (minimum 5 product
experience) on Facebook Flipkart page, Twitter or on Flipkart
official website and grab upto 2000 cashpoints(i.e. Rs . 1000)
Better promotion, more buyers, better trade.