Adrian Furnham (born 1953) is a South
African-born British organisational and
applied psychologist, management expert
and Professor of Psychology at University
In addition to his academic roles, he is a
consultant on organizational behaviour
and management, writer and broadcaster.
ABOUT THE BOOK
Body Language at work will transform our
ability to critical gestures and tell-tale
expressions (in ourselves as well as others).
Adrian Furnham dispels the exaggerated
Surrounding body talk to reveal the true
significance of this fascinating yet powerful
form of communication.
• Body language is a form of mental and physical ability of human nonverbal communication, which consists of body posture, gestures, facial
expressions, and eye movements.
• Humans send
Body language is a misleading form of communication and
it seems to fall into various areas:
1. SYMBOLISM (All body communication is symbolic expression)
2. POWER (Bodily communication is always more powerful)
3. CONTROLLABILITY (We can control all messages we send)
4. YOU CAN READ PEOPLE LIKE A BOOK
EMOTIONS AND PERSONALITY
• SHOWING EMOTIONS
• YOUR PERSONALITY IS SHOWING
• CULTURE AND BODILY COMMUNICATION
LYING: REVEALING AND
• LEAKING OF TRUTH
• DIFFERENT TYPES OF LIE
• STUDYING THE KNOWN LIAR
• CATCHING LIARS