Celebrate Living History
Presenter: Bev Wilkinson
About Celebrate Living History
• We work with young people and seniors to
document stories for the future
• We offer students the opportunity to write
stories for their portfolio
• We organise exhibitions- Frankston locals
Living the creative life with Robert
By Andrejs Boboks Griffith University
Stella Wilkie-100 years and counting
• Having never met someone of Stella’s age, I
wasn’t sure what to expect when I visited her
at her nursing home in Murwillumbah. –Kate
Grant Griffith University
• Where did you grow up?
• What was your childhood like?
• How did you and Grandpa meet?
• Who were your favorite relatives?
• Can you think of any more questions to break
• Visit Story Corps for more great questions
Lets get our Denton ON!
• Lets interview each other and write a short
• Read over what you have written once, Leave
it overnight and read again
• (Often mistakes are found when you give
yourself a break)
• Ask friends and family to read and give
Learn from the Professionals
• Pick up a copy of a feature magazine
• Look at the journalist’s style of writing
• Find link words- Rewind, Flashback
• GREAT IDEAS on how to craft a article
• Post Traumatic Stress
• Ask if there are any NO GO Zones
• Treat with respect and dignity
• Check what you publish is correct
• DART CENTER FOR JOURNALISM AND
Thank you! Any Questions?
Want to submit your story to Celebrate Living
• Email: email@example.com