WHAT I WILL BE DOING?
• My group & I will be creating a radio trailer, a poster and a short 5 minute film based on
anything we desire.
• We have to include the main four components:
1. Mise en Scene- use of settings, costumes
2. Camera- use of techniques, shots and angles
3. Editing- transitions, effects, filters
4. Sound- diegetic, non-diegetic and sound effects
• We are aiming to make our project very unique and creative, we also want to subvert
roles and genres with our thriller. We want to create a seasonal thriller which is a mix of
Halloween and Christmas.
• We will also be going against the codes and conventions and studying them.
• We will be considering the representation of characters, making sure to subvert roles and
fit them into the typical stereotype.
• Some scenes were influenced by other movies and TV shows. Despite creating a short
film, the scenes from TV shows and movies are similar to them ones that we want to do
• For example, If we had a kid acting for us then he would be doing something that young
people would do, such as coloring books, etc.
• In addition, I will be applying theorists and their theories to my project and compare their
similarities and differences.