Conduct your own research.
1. Who was the Cinematographer for Dredd?
2. What other films have they worked on?
Read this interview with VFX Supervisor Jon Thum and answer the
questions below: http://www.digitalartsonline.co.uk/news/motion-
3. Where did production take place?
Anthony Dod Mantle was the cinematographer for Dredd.
They have worked on other films such as Slumdog Millionaire, Rush, 127 Hours,
Vacuuming completely nude in paradise.
UK, USA, India and South Africa
4. Who was the writer, Alex Garland, in regular contact with?
How did the production team create the effect of people being shot?
5. How was the Slo-Mo effect created?
6. What was the total shot count for the film? How many were VFX
There was a total shot count of 650 with close to 300 of these being
The slo-mo effect was created over a long time. They did it by separating the
out the colours and objects in the scene and taking them in different
directions with hue and saturation. Add to that some sparkles in the
highlights and some heightened stereo and that’s how they got the
He was in contact with Judge Dredd creator John Wagner.