Benny Puckett 504-
Proven experience leading large-scale business operations and non-profits with specialties in:
► Executive Management, Operations, Grants, Property & Housing Management
• Strategic Business Planning
• Operations Management
• Cost Reduction & Controls
• Grant Research & Development
• Warehouse Management
• Customer Sales
• Organizational Optimization
• Inventory Control, Forecasting & Logistics
• Program & Project Management
• A/V, Print and Television Media / Technology
• Quality & Productivity Improvement
• Public Relations
Plaquemines Parish Government - Belle Chasse, LA
Grants & Housing Programs Administrator - May 2008 – December 2014
• Facilitated the application and awarding of more than $500M in grants towards the recovery
and improvement of local communities. Managed budget, staff, and public housing programs
• Managed multiple housing units’ projects, infrastructure and rebuilding projects parish wide.
Hands of Hope - Belle Chasse, LA Committee for Plaquemines Recovery
Founder and President - August 2005 – Present Founder and President - August 2005 – October 2010
• Established and Managed Short & Long Term Non-Profit housing recovery, restoration and
construction efforts parish wide. Facilitated the application and awarding of more than $10
Million in grants and donations toward the re-build effort following hurricane Katrina.
• Spearheaded the planning, management and construction of lost and damaged homes via $17
Million + in staff and volunteer labor.
• Worked with staff from faith based, civic and government organizations to manage and
facilitate the construction of 50 + homes, and the rebuilding of 200 + homes.
Sigma Coatings - Harvey, LA
Site Manager and Vice President of Operations - May 1999 – August 2005
Site Manager for Corporate Offices, Manufacturing Facility and Warehousing Facility
• Customer Service and P&L Responsibility…Achieved annual sales of > $105M via the
manufacturing and distribution of 2.5 million gallons of specialty coating products used in the
Marine, PC, Offshore and Rail industries.
• Increased plant productivity by 27%, and reduced employee turnover by 35%.
• Reduced supplies and services costs by 48% and total shipping costs by 10% while improving
• Following hurricane Katrina, Sigma Coating’s offices, production facilities and warehouses were
damaged beyond repair and the company discontinued the USA manufacturing and warehouse
presence by closing down the Louisiana operation.
Benny Puckett Page 2
Kelly-Moore Paint Company - Hurst, TX
Plant Manager - July 1988 – May 1999
Site Manager for Regional Sales Office, Manufacturing and Warehousing Facilities
• Customer Service and P&L Responsibility…Achieved > $75M in annual sales via the production
and distribution of over 5 million gallons of trade sales coatings, specializing in the
architectural market for paint and paint related products.
• Reduced lost-time accidents by 62.8%, customer complaints by 38%, and per unit costs by
• Relocated to Belle Chasse, LA for an executive management opportunity with Sigma Coatings.
Guardsman Products - Hutchings, TX
Plant Manager - January 1986 – June 1988
Site Manager for Manufacturing and Warehousing Facilities
• Customer Service and P&L Responsibility…Achieved > $20M in annual sales via the production
and distribution of > 500 thousand gallons of lacquer, stains and specialized wood coatings
• Managed the construction of a new manufacturing facility including the design and installation
of bulk storage piping and pneumatic systems, hiring and training of all startup employees.
• After two years of construction and operations, Guardsman sold the facility to a competing
company which shut it down. Upon request, I accepted a Plant Manager position with my
largest customer - Kelly-Moore Paint Company.
Reliance Universal - Louisville, KY – March 1979 – January 1986
• Managed the production of > 10 million gallons of industrial coatings, stains and lacquers.
• Designed, developed and operated a multi-functional scheduling system, and assisted in
the development of a plant wide Statistical Process Control program.
James Bute Paint Company - Houston, TX
Lab Technician - January 1975 – March 1979
• Led Quality Control to ensure consistency and conformance to design specs.
• 55% solids PVA Reactor Operate.
US Army 2nd Armor Division - February 1966 – February 1968
Dallas Baptist University - 1995 – 1996
Studied Applied Business Administration in Management - completed 33 credit hours.