Reversing Views for SuccessReversing Views for Success
Queen Creek Population Growth
Solution oriented service…Solution oriented service…
• Work with policy to solve problems
– Use policy to help people when there is conflict.
• Take customers directly to what they need
– Learn your internal network inside and outside your
• Take the time to really listen
– Listen until you really hear what their problem is.
• Treat every customer as your own customer
– Even treat them as you would like… consider
difficult customers a challenge for you to grow too.
• Help customers define their needs
– Help people figure out what they want. Guide them
to solutions that meet their needs by asking the
right questions to get them there.
Things to say if you get caughtThings to say if you get caught
sleeping at your desk…sleeping at your desk…
• "They told me at the blood bank this might happen."
• "Damn! Why did you interrupt me? I had almost figured out
a solution to our biggest problem."
• "Someone must've put decaf in the wrong pot..."
• "Whew! Guess I left the top off the White-Out! You probably
got here just in time!"
• "I wasn't sleeping! I was meditating on the mission
statement and envisioning a new paradigm."
• "I was testing my keyboard for drool resistance."
• "I was doing Yoga exercises to relieve work-related stress."
• "This is just a 15 minute power-nap as described in that time
management course you sent me."
• "The coffee machine is broken..."
• " ... in Jesus' name. Amen."
Just say when…Just say when…
"You can’t save face if you lose your head."
-- Old Proverb
Every day presentsEvery day presents
us with a newus with a new
opportunity to doopportunity to do
things better.things better.
The impersonal hand of government canThe impersonal hand of government can
never replace the helping hand of anever replace the helping hand of a
neighbor. ~Hubert H. Humphreyneighbor. ~Hubert H. Humphrey