Briefly tell us...
- Your organisation and your role
- How you currently use social
media within your role
- What you’d like to get out of this
Why use Social media?
The all-important question to ask yourself.
What do you want to achieve with Social Media?
Who are your target audience(s)?
What is the current image of your organisation?
How can Social Media improve the way you work at the
How can Social Media affect the effectiveness of
Why are you using Social
Write down three goals
for your organisation right now.
- Position our charity as the go to source online for
information about mediation
- Connect with more women aged 25-34
- Use Facebook as a key volunteer recruitment channel
- Use Twitter as a way of making our organisation seem more
- Engage with key journalists and politicians
- Use Twitter to build up a conversation around a campaign
using a hashtag
Wait a moment - here’s a
warning before you start
“Think of CNN, your mother and
Don't say anything online that you
wouldn't be comfortable seeing
quoted on CNN, being asked about
by your mother or having to justify
to your boss.”
- International Red Cross
Experiment with additional tools...
- Hootsuite.com (Management, monitoring and measurement).
- Sprout Social (Dashboard and great analytics)
- Bufferapp.com (Schedule and share tweets intelligently).
- Listorious.com (Find key people and lists to follow).
- Tweepi.com (Powerful follow/unfollow tool).
- Manageflitter.com (Unfollow people who have unfollowed you).
- Rowfeeder.com (Measurement tool - great for events & campaigns).
- Tweetreach.com (Measurement tool).
- Archivist.visitmix.com (Measurement tool).
- Tweettronics.com (Measurement tool).
- Grouptweet.com (Multiple contributors to a single Twitter account).