15. Who is using it
• 11.5 million unique visitors per month
• 70 million users worldwide
• Over half a million in Aus
• 1.5 million unique visitors per day
• 80% female
• 15 minutes per visit
• Over 80% aged 25 to 54
• 70% earn less than $75K
• Pinterest drives over 40% of ecommerce
30. How to get started
• Sign up at www.pinterest.com
• Once you have “person” account, sign up a
• Perfect your “About”/ “Profile”
• Find boards and people to follow (check your
‘friends’ recommendations from Facebook)
• Visit the “Goodies” page on Pinterest &
install “Pin It’” button to your browser
• Create your boards
31. Find Pinners, Boards or
Pins to follow
Search on people or
businesses you know –
suppliers, industry media
32. HOW TO CREATE GREAT PINS
• Highly visual
• Colourful (Red pinned more than blue)
• Text on image
• No faces
• Vertical – 2:3 aspect ratio
• Break rules to standout
• Where to get images:
– Your own
33. What to pin?
• The tangible benefits of your business product
• Communicate the essence of your brand –
values, colours, interests, beliefs, features
• Acknowledge the lifestyle of your customers
34. Think like a publisher
• White papers
• Blog posts
40. “The trick to succeeding on
Pinterest isn't necessarily about
showing off your products or
services directly. It's about finding
creative ways to show how those
products and services fit into the
lifestyles of your target
57. You can connect your Pinterest
account to your Facebook account.
This will give you the option to post
your pin automatically to Facebook.
You have the option to select this
for each Pin (Just tick the box).
58. • You can’t pin your Facebook posts to
Pinterest. You need to go into Pinterest and
upload your Image as a new pin.
• You can’t pin other people’s Facebook posts to
Pinterest. You have to right click their image,
save the image, and Upload as a new pin.
• There are services that can help with this: http://www.pinvolve.co/pricing
59. Sold out products???
• You Pin a product you have for sale, the product sells,
but the Pin is still out there?
• Delete the Pin so you don’t drive any more traffic OR
update the page that you have Pinned from to tell
visitors “Sorry – this product has sold out...but here
is one just like it”.
• If this is a one-off product or you have
little stock make note of that in the
original pin – perhaps even noting the date.
60. Houzz Vs Pinterest
• Houzz is specifically about home design/decor
• It includes a directory of professionals (based on
• It includes articles and discussions within the
• It includes a listing of products for sale
• It is a ‘fuller’ experience – and ideal for those in
• decor/design/remodelling/architecture space
A VISUAL ‘virtual’ pin board where collect and curate web content. A personalised- media platform where every one of us can ‘publish’ editorial and promotional content and share it with people interested in similar things and/or people we already know. Third largest social media network after Facebook and Twitter.
The latest Consumer Sharing Trends Report (Q4/2013) reveals that Pinterest has outpaced email for the first time to become the third most popular sharing channel overall. In a sign of how quickly social media has changed the digital landscape, consumers are now “pinning” things like articles, photos and recipes to share with their friends more often than emailing links.
Launched march 2010With 58 percent growth in 2013, Pinterest also leads as the fastest growing sharing channel, followed by Facebook and LinkedIn.The fact that Pinterest, which is still relatively young compared to the other social channels, has surpassed email, which has been a sharing tool for decades, is just one example of how quickly consumer preferences and habits are constantly changing”2012 - crosses the 10 million mark faster than any other standalone site in history.Facebook and Pinterest are King & Queen of driving traffic – clicking on links. And Pinterest is growing550,000 Pinterest users in Australia as of September 2013
Pins have a longer life than a Facebook post or Twitter tweet.
Pinterest is the top app for iPads, and household ownership is set to increase to 50%in 2014.
A channel to promote all aspects of your brand
Branding and sales
So let’s get going
Tweet – 6 hoursPost – 22 hoursPin – just keeps on giving