Orgniziation study of dharwad milk union MINI PROJECT PPT
Organization study of
Dharwad Milk Union
5/3/2013 Babasabpatilfreepptmba.com 1
3.Objectives of the DMU.
5.Vision and mission.
11.Findings and conclusion, recommendation.
5/3/2013 Babasabpatilfreepptmba.com 2
INTRODUCTION OF THE COMPANY
• Dharwad Milk Union (DMU) came into existence on 3-3-1986 DMU was
established under co-operative act on 3-3-1986 at Dharwad.
• The Dharwad Milk Union is Co-operative society among the 13
establishments, under KMF.
• features of Dharwad Milk Union:
• To educate the villagers about milk and its quality.
• To make 'Nandini' as a part of daily life.
• To provide good quality of cattle feed, fodder, veterinary aid seeds, etc., to
• To see that the DCS's are carrying out their activities properly and in an
• To see that the milk is brought from DCS's to the chilling centers in the
• To look the accounts of the DCS's supervise the purchase process and
market the milk and milk products.
5/3/2013 Babasabpatilfreepptmba.com 3
COMPANY NAME : Dharwad Co-operative Milk Producers Union
Lakkammanahalli Industrial Area.
P.B Road Dharwad-580004
OWNERSHIP : Co-Operative Unit .
TEL-NO : 0836-2467643,2461876,2468380.
RAW MATERIAL :Milk 80,000LPD
Water5 to 6 lack ltrs/day
Coal 4 to 5 tone.
PLANT :1,20,OOOLtr’s / Day
12 Tonne milk powder, 10 T Butter, 6 T Ghee.
PRODUCTS : Milk, Butter, Ghee, Gurtz, Pedha, Milk powder,
Ice creams, Curd, Lassi, Khova.
TOTAL INVEST : 7 Crore Rs.
5/3/2013 Babasabpatilfreepptmba.com 4
BOARD OF DIRECTORS.
1. Shri B N Arabgond. Chairman
2. Dr M N Venkatramu. M Director
3. Shri N S Asuti. Director.
4. Shri G M Morbad. Director.
5. Shri H G Hiregoudar. Director.
6. Shri S M Hadagali. Director.
7. Shri R N Davagi. Director.
8. Shri U M Hegade. Director.
9. Shri G G Hegade. Director.
10. Govt Dept Officers. 4 Members
11. Govt Nominated. 3 Members
5/3/2013 Babasabpatilfreepptmba.com 5
OBJECTIVES OF THE DMU
• Providing hygienic and good quality of milk to the consumers.
• To build the economic strength of the milk producers in villagers.
• To eliminate middlemen's in the business so that the milk producers
receive their appropriate share of bread.
• To educate the villagers about the adulteration of milk and its harmful
effect on the body.
• To see that every citizen becomes healthy by consuming good quality of
• To make villagers self-viable and build self image.
5/3/2013 Babasabpatilfreepptmba.com 6
DMU QUALITY OBJECTS AND QUALITY POLICY:
•To develop the quality consciousness among all the producers or
employees of the union.
•To implement the cost reduction in each stage of collection processing and
•Make every one aware of the every conservation in dairy.
•To maximize the customers complaints and achieve customer satisfaction.
•To set goals or targets at all levels to achieve continuous improvement.
5/3/2013 Babasabpatilfreepptmba.com 7
VISION AND MISSION
• Total quality
• Sincerity and dedication
• Respecting each other's, opinions, ideas & feelings.
• Dharwad Milk Union is committed to provide maximum possible price for the milk
supplied by its members and provide necessary inputs to enhance milk production
while ensuring economic viability of the Union.
• It is also committed to provide quality milk products to consumers and emerge as
one of the top most milk union of the co-operative dairy industry in the country.
• At DMU we Endeavor to satisfy the taste and nutritional requirements of the
customers. Through excellence in marketing by DMU committed team, DMU are
committed to offering quality products that provide best value for money.
5/3/2013 Babasabpatilfreepptmba.com 8
5/3/2013 Babasabpatilfreepptmba.com 10
• The main work of this department is to purchase various
materials required by different department.
QUALITY CONTROL DEPARTMENT:
• There is a separate laboratory for this. Quality control is very
essential as to maintain the freshness of the milk.
• There are many tests conducted here. The packed milk we get
will have undergone 3 quality tests
HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENT:
• Human resource department is employing the people
developing the resources utilizing maintaining and the
compensating there services in tune with the organizational
requirement with a view to contribute to the goals of
5/3/2013 Babasabpatilfreepptmba.com 11
• This department is to follow up production
schedule as per plan and to maintain close and co-
ordinate relationship with other department and
ensures to upgrade the technical efficiency of
PROCUREMENT AND INPUT DEPARTMENT:
• Procurement and input department is play a vital
role in the DMU. In any any milk union this
department handles the procurement of the milk
required amt to the production process.
5/3/2013 Babasabpatilfreepptmba.com 12
• The stores department in DMU follows the
Cordex System (Coded Control System)
• This Department is responsible for keeping all
the inward and outward flow of money of
• Marketing Department is very important part of
Organization marketing of milk and its products
is the greatest responsibility to all the products
before loosing its quality
5/3/2013 Babasabpatilfreepptmba.com 13
Infrastructure facilities in DMU, they have these won chilling center and they
can distribute milk with the capacity of covering the 11 routes and the
capacity is 1, 00,000 LPD.
Other facilities like:
•Shift: Three shift per day.
•Manual punching card and computer entries will be there
5/3/2013 Babasabpatilfreepptmba.com 14
• Nandini enjoys good brand image.
• It has large procurement system.
• Huge infrastructure for processing.
• Competitive prices for all products.
• Wide distribution network leads to regular and timely supply.
• Lack of flexibility in deciding about its operation.
• Perishable commodity.
• Lack of professional manpower.
• Lacking quality consistency because of seasonal changes in the supply of
• Inadequate sales promotional activity.
• Less buffelo milk.
5/3/2013 Babasabpatilfreepptmba.com 15
• There is a phenomenal scope for innovation in product development.
• packing and presentation.
• Steps to taken to introduce value added products like shrikhands, ice-
• Yet another aspect can be the addition of infant foods and nutritionals.
• Increasing market demand for milk and milk products.
• Addition of buffalo milk will improve market share.
• Increase of competitor's milk vendors in organized sector.
• Flexibility in commission structure by competitors may attract the
• No entry barriers for private players.
• Low level of consumer awareness in Dharwad and surrounding areas.
5/3/2013 Babasabpatilfreepptmba.com 16
FINDINGS,CONCLUSION AND RECOMMENDATIONS
• Dharwad milk union is serving rural region by way of procuring milk through
poor farmers through its formed societies and paying them fair returns.
• Dharwad milk union is equipped with fully automatic systems which ensure
total quality maintenance.
• Through the use of advanced technology.
• The advertisement in local newspaper and local television is very low.
• Pricing strategies of Nandini is appreciated by its customers
• Organization should try to improve the packaging of the product to prevent
• Dharwad milk union must adopt professionalism in its all-working
• The company should provide some attractive schemes for the regular
consumers as well as retail sellers.
• Offers performance awards annually to encourage employees, agents and
5/3/2013 Babasabpatilfreepptmba.com 17