Disclaimer: This presentation is prepared by trainees of
baabtra as a part of mentoring program. This is not official
document of baabtra –Mentoring Partner
Baabtra-Mentoring Partner is the mentoring division of baabte System Technologies Pvt .
(Hyper text markup language)
+91 9995 47 55 71
• HTML stands for Hyper Text Markup Language
• A markup language is a set of markup tags.
• HTML documents contain HTML tags and plain
• HTML documents are also called web pages
• HTML markup tags are usually called HTML tags
• HTML tags are keywords (tag names)surrounded
by angle brackets like <html>
• HTML tags normally come in pairs like <b> and
</b>The first tag in a pair is the start tag, the
second tag is the end tag
• The end tag is written like the start tag, with a
forward slash before the tag name
• Start and end tags are also called opening tags
and closing tags
<TITLE>this is a new html document</TITLE>
<BODY> This is what is displayed. </BODY>
• The HEAD of your document point to above
• The TITLE of your document appears in the
very top line of the user’s browser.
• Document properties are controlled by
attributes of the BODY element. – The BODY
element of a web page is an important
element in regards to the page’s appearance.
• Inside the BODY element, heading elements H1
through H6 are generally used for major divisions
of the document.
• Headings are permitted to appear in any order,
but you will obtain the best results when your
documents are displayed in a browser if you
follow these guidelines: – H1: should be used as
the highest level of heading, H2 as the next
highest, and so forth. – You should not skip
heading levels: e.g., an H3 should not appear
after an H1, unless there is an H2 between them.
• <p>……</p> Break <br>
• Horizontal rule <hr>
• Character formatting tags <FONT SIZE=“”>
</FONT> <B> </B> <I> </I> <U> </U> Color =
“#RRGGBB” The COLOR attribute of the
• <FONT COLOR=“#RRGGBB”>this
• unordered list – An unordered list starts with the
<ul> tag. – Each list item starts with the <li> tag.
• Ordered list – An ordered list starts with the <ol>
tag. – Each list item starts with the <li> tag.
• Definition list – A definition list is a list of items,
with a description of each item. – The <dl> tag
defines a definition list. – The <dl> tag is used in
conjunction with <dt> (defines the item in the
list) and <dd> (describes the item in the list):
<body> <h1><center>different thpes of lists in
• In HTML, images are defined with the <img>
• The <img> tag is empty which means that it
contains attributes only, and has no closing
• To display an image on a page, you need to
use the src attribute. Src stands for "source".
The value of the src attribute is the URL of the
image you want to display.
• <TABLE></TABLE> element has four sub-elements:
1. Table Row <TR> </TR>.
2. Table Header <TH></TH>.
3. Table Data <TD></TD>.
4. Caption <CAPTION></CAPTION> The table row elements usually
contain table header elements or table data elements.
<table border=“1”> <tr>
<th> Column 1 header </th>
<th> Column 2 header </th> </tr>
<tr> <td> Row1, Col1 </td>
<td> Row1, Col2 </td> </tr>
<tr> <td> Row2, Col1 </td>
<td> Row2, Col2 </td> </tr> </table>
• Cell Spacing represents the space between cells
and is specified in pixels.
• Border: choose a numerical value for the border
width, which specifies the border in pixels.
• Width: specify the table width as an absolute
number of pixels or a percentage of the
document width. You can set the width for the
table cells as well.
• BGColor: Some browsers support background
colors in a table.
• <form> is just another kind of HTML tag
• HTML forms are used to create GUIs on Web pages ,
Usually the purpose is to ask ,the user for Information .
•The information is then sent back to the server
• A form is an area that can contain form elements –
• The syntax is: <form parameters> ...form elements...
</form> – Form elements include: buttons, check boxes,
text fields, radio buttons, drop-down menus, etc
• The <a> tag defines a hyperlink, which is used
to link from one page to another.
• The most important attribute of the <a>
element is the href attribute, which indicates
the link’s destination.
• The <body> tag defines the document's body.
• The <body> element contains all the contents
of an HTML document, such as text,
hyperlinks, images, tables, lists, etc.
If this presentation helped you, please visit our
page facebook.com/baabtra and like it.
Thanks in advance.
www.baabtra.com | www.massbaab.com |www.baabte.com
Emarald Mall (Big Bazar Building)
Mavoor Road, Kozhikode,
Ph: + 91 – 495 40 25 550
Start up Village
NC Complex, Near Bus Stand
Ph: + 91 – 495 40 25 550