Successfully reported this slideshow.
We use your LinkedIn profile and activity data to personalize ads and to show you more relevant ads. You can change your ad preferences anytime.

Citizenship Barack Obama Powerpoint

4,438 views

Published on

Published in: Education, News & Politics
  • Very good! Where did you get your background?
       Reply 
    Are you sure you want to  Yes  No
    Your message goes here
  • Well Done!
    http://yourobamaupdate.blogspot.com/
       Reply 
    Are you sure you want to  Yes  No
    Your message goes here

Citizenship Barack Obama Powerpoint

  1. 1. Barack Hussein Obama II By Max and Ainsley
  2. 2. Who is Barack Obama? <ul><li>44 th President of USA </li></ul><ul><li>Born August 4 th 1961 </li></ul><ul><li>The 1 st Black President </li></ul><ul><li>Codename – Renegade </li></ul><ul><li>Columbia University </li></ul><ul><li>Harvard Law School </li></ul><ul><li>Lives in Chicago </li></ul><ul><li>Illinois Senator </li></ul>
  3. 4. USA- Black history <ul><li>Black people in America were only granted the right to vote for their leader in the late 80’s. (Passed by Congress February 26, 1869. Ratified February 3, 1870). </li></ul><ul><li>Slavery </li></ul><ul><li>Segregation occurred where black people couldn’t travel on public transport, couldn’t eat in the same place and whites and couldn’t share facilities with white people. </li></ul>
  4. 5. USA- Black history <ul><li>There have been black people who dedicate their lives, trying to get equal rights for black people. Martin Luther King was an example. However he was assainated for his efforts. </li></ul><ul><li>KKK were a group of normal people from the American society, but these people tormented and often killed black people for the colour of their skin. </li></ul>
  5. 6. John Mccain <ul><li>John Sidney McCain III (born August 29, 1936) is the senior United States Senator from Arizona. He was the Republican nominee for president in the 2008 United States election. </li></ul>
  6. 7. John Mccain <ul><li>McCain graduated from the U.S. Naval Academy in 1958. He became a naval aviator, flying ground-attack aircraft from aircraft carriers. During the Vietnam War, he nearly lost his life. In October 1967, while on a bombing mission over Hanoi, he was shot down, badly injured, and captured by the North Vietnamese. He was a prisoner of war until 1973. </li></ul>
  7. 8. His win <ul><li>Obama got 365 presidential votes </li></ul><ul><li>John McCain received 173 </li></ul><ul><li>Either candidate needed 270 votes to win </li></ul><ul><li>Obama received support from 66,882,230 people, which is 53% of the population of the USA </li></ul><ul><li>McCain received support from 53,343,671 people, only 46% of the population </li></ul><ul><li>Out of the total national precincts, 99% of them reported </li></ul>
  8. 9. Thank You for watching

×