VJD, Director, Strategic Methodologies and Metrics
Director – Strategic Methodologies & Metrics
Reports to National Vice President of Strategy and Planning
The position of National BDPA Director of Strategic Methodologies & Metrics (M&M) reports to the
National Vice President of Strategy and Planning. The National Director of M&M assists with the
development of the revolving two-year plan and metrics for the National Black Data Processing Associates
with a methodology and metrics focus on the achievement of the NBDPA stated mission and strategic
objectives. This role is responsible for executing the process of measuring results.
The Director performs the following duties personally or through others:
• Develop 2 to 5 year organization Strategic Plan with Strategic Management Office and NEC
• Coordinate and Track Performance and Measurement
• Implement Balanced Scorecard methodology and metrics
• Assists the National Vice President of Strategy and Planning with the establishment of the two-
year revolving plan and metrics for the National Black Data Processing Associates.
• Collaborates with National Executive Committee Business areas to develop metrics and measure
progress of business area goals
• Provides monthly status updates on the progress of planned projects and initiatives and provides
to National VP of Strategy and Planning to communicate to NEC and NBOD
• Provides assistance to local chapters in development of strategic methodologies and metrics
• Be a member “in good standing” as determined by the National Bylaws and confirmed by the
National Membership Management business area
• Must be a financially current member
• Currently or have formerly served in a leadership role at the local chapter level.
• Be self motivated and able to work alone and in teams.
• Not occupy an office of leadership within another National Business Area.
• Be committed to the mission of the National BDPA.
• Be able to dedicate from two (4) to six (6) hours per month on National BDPA business.
• Be able to establish and manage the operational budget of the National Strategy and Planning
• Be detail-oriented.
• Possess proven time, planning, scheduling, resource and project management skills.
• Be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing, the plans and metrics of the
National Strategy and Planning business area
• Gain work experience in the area of executive leadership.
• Develop influential business relationships and industry recognition.
• Establish contacts with chapters, students, speakers, corporations, technology vendors and high-
level corporate executives
• Develop business, interpersonal, organizational leadership, communication, public relations and
• Give back to the community by helping BDPA growth through professional association.
• Work with an outstanding group dedicated to the success of BDPA
vjd-spdir-strategicmethodologiesandmetrics-100424081111-phpapp01.doc Page 1 of 1
Last Updated: 8/23/03