Where’s your career
in IT going?
Map it out with a
BCS Personal Development Plan.
Plans aren’t about
clocking up hours
or gaining points.
and recording your successes
along the way - for yourself
and others to see.
They are about
planning your career,
mapping out the
steps you need to take,
It all helps.
You can log exams and how many
conferences you’ve attended…
…but you can also record:
• Any coaching or mentoring you’ve done
• Interesting things you’ve read or listened to
• Any networking
• Any stretch tasks you’ve completed in your current role
• New roles or learnings you’ve made
• And any research you’ve done.
And so do people like Mark...
“The activities are a great idea for an interactive
learning log. I have been looking for something
like this for 2 years! Up to now I have been using
LinkedIn to track certiﬁcates and courses, together
with my Outlook calendar. BCS CPD activities are
a much better way to capture CPD activities, as
well as course details.
The BCS PDP tool is designed for
IT professionals... and it’s FREE.
With it you can:
• Hold a central record of your CPD
• Keep it with you wherever you work
• Get access to potential activities,
content or resources.
If you’re worried about ﬁnding time to use it...
Yes No Don’t
Policy for setting aside time for CPD activities.
You can update it anywhere, on any
compatible device thanks to its
secure, cloud-based solution…
Just a few minutes a week
and you could…
• Prove your capabilities
• Ensure you are not pigeon-holed
• Achieve your long-term goals
• Earn more
• Demonstrate your attitude
• Set yourself apart from others.
As soon as you think of it – record it!
• When you think of a new goal
• When you discover a new activity
• As you complete an activity.
It’s only as good as what you put in.
The tool also lets you:
Make the most of it.
Get access to
such as videos, events,
articles and blogs.
Add your own
Whether you go it alone or with the
support of your employer…
My employer helps me with my CPD planning -
employees surveyed September 2012.
Neither agree or disagree
Everyone beneﬁts in the end.
Alignment of development goals for employees
Aligned to maximise
the potential of
Aligned to the strategic
goals of the department
Agree Disagree Neither agree
Start using your FREE
BCS PDP tool now by visiting