● Mobile payment is a convenient
● Banks are increasingly investing
on mobility, by enabling the
mobile web and mobile app
channels for online banking, and
by providing new mobile
● Virtual money in your mobile account from which you can pay by just
sending an sms .
● This account may be loaded from anywhere by depositing cash. The cell
phone then may be used to access money from anywhere and for any
● Mobile payments have
grown exponentially in
recent years, with research
from TrendForce revealing
that consumers worldwide
will spend $620 billion in
mobile transactions this
year. This number is
expected to reach $1.08
trillion by 2018.
● To get at least 5 lakh
downloads in the first
● To cross the 50 lakh
mark before the “cash
crunch” due to
ceases to exist.
● The situation of “Cash Crunch”
should be properly used to gain
high shares in Indian markets.
● Digital payments makes hoarding
of black money difficult. So it can
target customers seeking remedy
of Black Money issue.
● It can work in both online and offline mode
● This can give it a major edge over its competitors
in India, where infrastructure for digital payments is
not much developed.
Branding and Positioning
● Safe and convenient
● Easy to use.
“Say no to corruption and
black money. Go digital.”
● Banking- withdraw money, make remittance and inter account transfer.
● Electronic wallet- shopping at malls and retail stores.
● e-commerce and e-trading- internet shopping and online financial
● Electronic ticket- a ticket downloaded in your mobile in digital format.
● Private borrowing and lending money.
● 0.8% to 1.5% of the total value of transaction due to low volume of
● Transactions less than Rs 1000 will be free in the initial days.
● It can follow the model of “google” to provide many free services and
recover cost by displaying Advertisements.
● Customers may not accept cell
phone as a mode of payment.
● Vendors and shoppers may not
accept the system. Eg:
newspaper vendor and milkman.
● Low average revenue of Indian
cell phone user.
● High risk of fraud because of
the use of information
technology and no bank
● Need good dispute settlement
• Marketing Unit essential for growth.
• A company which promises to make people’s content viral has to go viral
● Can collaborate with and receive tax benefits and other benefits from Indian
● Will need funding initially for marketing purposes and app development.
● Collaborations with 9gag.com, YouTube and the like required.
Created by Ayush Anurag , IIT Kanpur , during a
marketing management internship under Prof. Sameer
Mathur, IIM Lucknow.