Successfully reported this slideshow.
We use your LinkedIn profile and activity data to personalize ads and to show you more relevant ads. You can change your ad preferences anytime.
Pure
In 2013, the non-alcoholic
beverage market was
estimated to be $131 billion
and was projected to grow
to $164 billion by 2...
Ingredients
All Crescent ingredients
were “certified organic”.It's
taste included a hint of fruit
and was less sweet than
...
Problem Statement
How should PDB position the Crescent Pure Organic Drink
effectively considering two options of - sports ...
Sports Drink ?
1) In 2012, the market for sports drinks was $6.3 billion.
2)Formulation can enhance athletic performance.
3) Health-consc...
Market Share
increased only 9% between 2007
and 2012. In 2012, the market for
sports drinks reached $6.3 billion in
the Un...
Consumer data
1) Men preferred it more than
women.
2)62% of those between ages 18
and 24, and 77% of those ages 12
to 17.
Competition
1) Gleam and Drip had 73% and 21%
market share, respectively.
2) The remaining 6% of market
share was split am...
Threats 1) Obesity.
2) Government regulations.
Leading Edge
1) Healthier option.
2) Lower caffeine and calorie
content.
Results ??
Emphasis should be :- “Healthy, functional,
organic.”
Energy Drinks ?
1) market for energy drinks in 2013 is $8.5 billion.
2) targets the mostly 18 to 24 years old men.
3) Crescent delivers a ...
Crescent’s organic certification and
minimal caffeine content provide strong
differentiators for the energy market.
It is ...
Competition
1) Fright, Razor, Torque, and Stellar
accounted for 85% of category
revenue.
2) The remaining 15% was split
be...
Threats Concerns about health and safety
Opportunities
Sales of energy drinks with lower
levels of caffeine and purer
ingredients were rising due to
consumer deman...
Results ?
High risk but viable and appealing
positioning potential.
In my opinion, Crescent pure
must be positioned as a healthy
opportunity to sports drinks.
Disclaimer
Created by Ayush Anurag, IIT Kanpur, during a
Marketing Internship by Prof. Sameer Mathur, IIM
Lucknow.
Crescent pure ppt
Crescent pure ppt
Crescent pure ppt
Crescent pure ppt
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in …5
×

Crescent pure ppt

277 views

Published on

This is a case analysis.

Published in: Education
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

Crescent pure ppt

  1. 1. Pure
  2. 2. In 2013, the non-alcoholic beverage market was estimated to be $131 billion and was projected to grow to $164 billion by 2018.
  3. 3. Ingredients All Crescent ingredients were “certified organic”.It's taste included a hint of fruit and was less sweet than most fruit juice, cola, sports drinks, and energy drinks.
  4. 4. Problem Statement How should PDB position the Crescent Pure Organic Drink effectively considering two options of - sports drink and energy drink positioning ?
  5. 5. Sports Drink ?
  6. 6. 1) In 2012, the market for sports drinks was $6.3 billion. 2)Formulation can enhance athletic performance. 3) Health-conscious consumers
  7. 7. Market Share increased only 9% between 2007 and 2012. In 2012, the market for sports drinks reached $6.3 billion in the United States and was expected to grow to $9.58 billion by 2017.
  8. 8. Consumer data 1) Men preferred it more than women. 2)62% of those between ages 18 and 24, and 77% of those ages 12 to 17.
  9. 9. Competition 1) Gleam and Drip had 73% and 21% market share, respectively. 2) The remaining 6% of market share was split among roughly 20 producers
  10. 10. Threats 1) Obesity. 2) Government regulations.
  11. 11. Leading Edge 1) Healthier option. 2) Lower caffeine and calorie content.
  12. 12. Results ?? Emphasis should be :- “Healthy, functional, organic.”
  13. 13. Energy Drinks ?
  14. 14. 1) market for energy drinks in 2013 is $8.5 billion. 2) targets the mostly 18 to 24 years old men. 3) Crescent delivers a boost of energy to combat fatigue and promote mental focus.
  15. 15. Crescent’s organic certification and minimal caffeine content provide strong differentiators for the energy market. It is a healthier alternative.
  16. 16. Competition 1) Fright, Razor, Torque, and Stellar accounted for 85% of category revenue. 2) The remaining 15% was split between roughly thirty independent regional and national producers.
  17. 17. Threats Concerns about health and safety
  18. 18. Opportunities Sales of energy drinks with lower levels of caffeine and purer ingredients were rising due to consumer demand for healthier food and beverage choices.
  19. 19. Results ? High risk but viable and appealing positioning potential.
  20. 20. In my opinion, Crescent pure must be positioned as a healthy opportunity to sports drinks.
  21. 21. Disclaimer Created by Ayush Anurag, IIT Kanpur, during a Marketing Internship by Prof. Sameer Mathur, IIM Lucknow.

×