Consulting Group for Development (CGD)
Turning Ideas into Advantages
CGD has been founded as a group of professionals and consortium expatriates synergized
to respond for demand-driven business consulting services and won competitive calls for
consulting services since 2004. CGD launched unique business development services and
provided excellent consulting services in technical and advisory services; prepared evaluation
studies, surveyed need assessments, delivered capacity building solutions, institutional
building systems and business development innovations; delivered marketing strategies,
business plans, business feasibility studies; initiated value added and supply chains
development, oversight infrastructure construction, engineering design and supervision,
created cluster development approaches and SMEs competitiveness initiatives, delivered
banking training programs, financial assessments and business evaluation, assessed
feasibilities for microfinance facilitation, NGOs development, etc. We served diverse clients:
small business, community based organizations, ministries, public service providers, small
agricultural cooperatives and strengthening poor’s capacities in the underserved areas.
With our team, we have long experiences of projects funded and implemented by: DFID,
The British Council, EU, UNDP, GEF, USAID, World Bank, GTZ, SIDA, DANIDA,
CIDA, NAP, Private Sectors, Academic Institutions, UN organizations, US and Palestinian
Small Businesses, Industry Zone (KIZ/KOZ), Banking Institutions, microfinance,
Consulting firms, Ministries of social affairs, ministry of finance, ministry of labor, ministry
of education, ministry of health, etc. We work in partnership with stakeholders in
government, the private sector and NGOs and citizens groups. Much of this work receives
support from the international development agencies. We combine innovation and creativity
with a totally reliable pair of hands that is trusted to deliver the largest technical
1. Providing competitive fast-moving business development services.
2. Creating high profile of trusted and high quality standard of consulting services
3. Positioning the Group to be the first choice in the field.
4. Contributing to sustainable development and business opportunities for all stakeholders.
5. Establishing a resource of talented professional bank and resource center for consulting
business best practices.
6. Networking with key donors and winning contracts in technical cooperation/assistance,
project design and deliveries in MENA region.
CGD is working to provide high quality business development opportunities, delivering
effective advisory services to ultimately create competitive advantage and sustaining human
prosperity and development for all stakeholders.
CGD is synergizing our diverse professionals and high expertise teamwork to deliver
consulting services in business development, capacity building, health management, social
safety nets, training design and deliveries, research and surveying, needs assessment, human
capital development, institutional building, HRM, TQM, customer care management, client
relationship management, marketing strategies and promotional plan, business plan,
feasibility studies and pre-feasibility studies, financial analysis and control, accounting
management, costing and price strategy, economic development program, business
incubation system, grant management, non-governmental organization development,
proposal writing and fund raising strategies, budgeting technique and applications,
monitoring and evaluation, impact assessment studies, image building, public relation
campaigns, networking and advocacy programs, public administration, information
technology and telecommunication, sales management, industry development, SMEs
development, hospital administration and strategic health management systems.
We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value
opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
Our customized approach combines deep insight into the dynamics of companies and
markets with close collaboration at all levels of the client organization. This ensures that our
clients achieve sustainable competitive advantage, build more capable organizations, and
secure lasting results. We seek to be agents of change -for our clients, our people, and
society broadly. We are committed to:
• Creating competitive advantage through unique solutions
• Building capabilities and mobilizing organizations
• Driving sustainable impact
• Providing unparalleled opportunities for personal growth
• Succeeding together with passion and trust As the Partner of choice to transform
business and society.
• Client-centered and respect high confidentiality.
• Advocated to lift poor from poverty and empowering entrepreneurship culture.
• Providing equal opportunities services for all.
• Contributing to the civic development and advancing human capital growth.
• Disseminating and sharing information and best practices in the consulting services
• Encouraging research and development in all fields.
Long Term Goals:
• Developing civic organizations to deliver high quality services in the filed of
humanitarian actions, social, health, education, women, child and others.
• Strengthening the competitiveness of the SMEs and industry associations to do
better business and creating more business opportunity for the poor and women.
• Contributing to build better governance in the public sector services and building
systematic approach within public service institutions and capacity building.
• Advancing talented human capital to sustain competitive in the market place and
lifetime learning experiences.
Objectives and Stakeholders:
• Synergies and networking
• Capacity building and public relation and project management guides
• Financial and accounting procedures
• Management system and organization development
• Monitoring and evaluation systems
Private Sector Development:
• Access to market
• Access to know-how
• Access to finance
• Quality improvement and certification
Public Sector Services
• Good governance
• Accountability and financial transparencies
• Public administration
• Civic and community development
• Recruiting and maintaining talented graduates
• Advancing personal and professional competencies
• Research and development
• Professional certification
CGD Relevant Management and Technical Qualifications
I. Analytical support and networking in local community development:
The Consulting Group for Development, CGD have solid and strong capabilities and internal
resource-based competence equipped with its high credintials personnel technical and professional
people who worked intensively in the academic researches and development studies, the Group have
built fundamental base for any community driven development initiatives and knowledge transfer
projects, undertook several community development studies, rural and urban planning, coaching
villages council leaders; contributing to local development plan for Gaza City, undertook
disadvantaged areas sectoral needs assessements studies, utilized participatory social development
analysis, capable in diverse sectoral evaluation and networking with community leaders and experts
in local, regional and international public-private platform partnerships and dissiminating
knowledge transfer through high involvement in Villages, Camps, Rural and Urban communities
development in both Gaza and West Bank.
II. Management of large community-driven development programmes:
• The CGD has produced and managed local community committees for social safety nets in rural,
camps and urban areas throughout Gaza Strip with Cooperation with field districts offices of
Ministry of Social Affairs;
• Strengthened the Northern Gaza underserved areas and villages in agriculture cooperatives capacity
building, training in safe agriculture production for farmers in villages;
• Undertook massive surveyes of items availability due ot the closures imposed over the supply chain
and its impact of the small groceries, pharmacies and supermarkets; and proposed actions for
improving their capacity to better serve the marginalized areas in villages and poor areas in rural
neighborhoods residential areas throughout Gaza Strip and proposed mechanism to strengthen the
community food and medicines availability in these areas sponsored by DAI-USAID PED
• Coached leaders in Refugees Camps in addressing local camps blocks needs for improving the
refugees daily life in maintaining water supply, sanitary and sewage cleaning services, electric power,
community involvement in municipality decision making;
• Designed job creation programs for local villages councils to generate employment opportunities in
various projects: land reclamation, paintings, maintaining public services establishments, health
centers, environment, etc. for more than 5000 headed households in Gaza Strip;
• Strengthening grassroots and women initiatives to start their own businesses through promoting
marginalized targets in Villages and rural areas in Northen and Gaza City;
• Establised market resource information center for the Chambers of Commerce in Gaza with full
linkages and networking with overseas market intelligence studies and UN resources, the center
produced technical studies and assessments, surveys, applied various tools and developed templates of
surveyings, samplings, databases, data collection, and analysis as well as findings reportings for
various decision making purposes;
• Provided technical architectural design, sechematics drawings, land levelings, infrastructure
planning, finalizing the heritage and tourism Village for the Ministry of Tourism implemented by
Culture Arts & Popular Heritage Association, Gaza Strip.
• Provided technical competitiveness assessment for the Palestinian Federation Industrial Zones in
selection of small businesses and managing industry clustering approach within the Industrial Zones
• Proposed technical design and operational proposal for establishing Beit Lahia Public Parks for the
villages neighborhood recreational activities, sponsored by Beit Lahia Municipality.
• Helped, nurtured and incubated underserved targets of women, youth Initiatives throughout Gaza
and delivered business plans and feasibility studies of establishing new businesses: Food Processing
Units, Diary productions; bakeries unit; small fast food restaurants, plantations and green houses,
foliage plantations, handcrafts and embroideries, wood and carpentry, food retails and wholesales,
saloons and hairdressers;
• Facilitated small and micro projects financing through providing feasibilities studies and with
linking underserved targets with microfinance institutions and credit providers.
• Prepared outreach program for special handicapped households, home-based nursing and speech and
hearing impairment to serve underserved rural communities in South Gaza, and did oversight
technical supervision for the Medical Sensory Rehabilitation Institute, sponsored by DAI.
• Prepared and designed coordination mechanism for conditional cash transfer compliance for the
poorest of the poor in West Bank and Gaza Ministries of Finance, Ministry of Health, Ministry
of Education, Ministry of Social Affairs and UNRWA, The World Bank funded Social Safety
• Delivered various technical designs in architect, surveying, site supervisions, and infrastructure
constructions of health clinic, kindergartens, nurseries, schools, private hospitals, water supply,
UNRWA’s Shelters Rehabilitations, youth club, access road pavements and tiling.
• Prepared cost analyses and tender technical contract and oversaw implementation of
Construction Storm Water & Sewage Pressure pipeline (PWA) storm Water &
Sewerage Pressure line: IE Access road Stage I & II (PIFEZA), Rehabilitation of
damaged infrastructure in Bite Hanoun, the project budget $2,700,000, sponsored
III. Access to local supliers/ networks:
The CGD have accessed to all local, regional and international business development service
providers, technical engineers, infrastructure contractors, community development stakeholders, rural
development activists, mnicipal council leaders; microfinance providers; local community committees,
civil society organisations, contents delvelopement agencies, portals rentals, networks managers,
systems analyst, web disigners, e-commerce and e-solutions providers with fully respect to the Copy
Rights and electronics laws applicable to international standards.
IV. Experience of working with donor organisations:
The CGD and the key professionals and technical consultants are all have very
strong knowledge and familiar with all the donor organisations includes UNRWA,
DFID, USAID, UNDP, GTZ, World Bank, EU, EC, SIDA, CIDA, GEF, other
funding agencies and governmental bodies in implementing, designing, monitoring
and evaluation multi donor-funded projects.
V. CGD and its Consultants Key Achievements and Deliverables:
• Introduced the first model of business incubation system in Palestinian Territories
and presented this model at the International Conference held by International
Economic Development Center, IEDC Cincinnati-Ohio USA sponsored by
• Designed and fine-tuned the technical proposal for establishing the Information
Technology Incubator for the Islamic University and funded by InfoDev.
• Delivered Train-the-Trainers in implementing the Social Safety Nets (15 Senior
Officials from Ministry of Social Affairs) World Bank funded Social Safety Net
• Developed Operational Targeting Intake Process Design and Implementation
Guide to target the poorest of the poor in Social Safety Net Reform project and
networked 15 districts operational areas with key ministries involved in West Bank
and Gaza Strip.
• Designed, testing and finalized the household’s consumption surveys for capturing
poverty measures and determine thresholds cut off point and qualifies households
eligible for cash transfer and social benefits in West Bank and Gaza beneficiaries.
• Did oversight consulting services for Developing Agriculture Production and land
reclamation in the villages and rural areas in the Northern Gaza for small
cooperatives and privately owned poor farmers.
• Representing Clarion Counties Key Opportunity Zone KOZ/KIZ in the Middle
East and North Africa Region, provided potential prospect with technical support
and business relocation plan, logistics support to relocate into Clarion KIZ/KOZ
in Pennsylvania, USA. Relocated 5 SMEs from MENA regions expanded and
opened successful business subsidiaries in the US with support of the Small
Business Development Center, Trinity Point-Clarion Counties.
• Creation of Performance management and appraisal system for the General
Personnel Council and the Ministry of Health; Creation of Personnel Management
system for the Ministry of Health;
• Strategic planning for Al Nada Hospital and other institutions; Strategic Planning
for AL Bait El Samed Institution;
• Delivered an Impact Evaluation Study of the DFID Technical Assistance:
Strengthening Health Management Project, implemented by the British Council,
East Jerusalem for the benefits of the Palestinian Ministry of Health.
• Provided training programs in Strategic Management and Competing for
Advantages with Cooperation with Academy for Educational Development, AED
and Clinton Scholars Association in Gaza Strip for senior public and private
officials. (Tow-week workshop, 40 training hours).
• Organized and formed local committees to participate to review household’s poor
appeals and local neighborhood assessment for identifying the poor and re-
qualifying the targeted poor and delivered participatory training sessions and
operational appeal guidelines for the local committees in 15 operational districts for
the ministry of social affairs in West Bank and Gaza Strip.
• Delivered market analysis for the demand and supply of the Business Development
Services, BDS in West Bank and Gaza Strip with coordination with Community
College for Science and Applied Technology, Continuing Education, Gaza, funded
• Undertook national Need Assessment Study for the Agro-industry
Competitiveness Analysis and Clusters Development Approach in the West Bank
and Gaza Strip with coordination with the Palestinian Food Industry Association
and sponsored by the USAID Private Enterprise Development.
• Provided oversight consulting services for Safe Agriculture Producers Association
to design project proposals and monitoring and evaluation tools over a promoting
organic farming in rural areas in Biet Lahia sponsored by UNDP-GEF 2005-2007.
• Participated in Global Development Network (GDN) researches development,
study tours, developing training programs, good governance best practices, civic
development initiatives, sharing researches and studies in MENA Development
• Creation of administrative bylaws for ten NGOs and Creation of strategies for
implementing the strategies and plans for several institutions.
• Provided oversight consulting services for UNDP Emergency Support in the Field
of Institutional Building and Organizational development and relief Assistance to
the Deprived Communities Project.
• Presented feasibility study and project appraisal for establishing Dairy
Manufacturing Factory in Khan Younis Eastern Villages in cooperation with Dairy
Farming Cooperatives sponsored by Italian Government fund.
• Contributed to various Development Gateways communities forums, reviewed
researches pre-publications, provided technical audits of researches designs,
hypothesis, data collections, data analysis, sample frame, survey design and testing,
and findings reporting; The Group participated in drafting and fine-tuned various
rural and urban development themes and community development pro-poor
• Provided technical firm level assistance and designed and structured Electronic
Recruitment System, Placement, Hiring, Employment operational strategy, intranet
contents, templates and portal networking, web design and upgrading for the
privately held youth company.
• Delivered oversight consulting project design and implementation for conversion
to organic farming in the Northern Gaza, in cooperation with Safe Agriculture
Producers Society and funded by the Norwegian People’s Aid (NPA) 2006-2007.
• Assessed the impact evaluation for the Composting the Organic Residues of
Markets and Farms, implemented by the Safe Agriculture Producers Society,
funded by the French Consulate 2007-2008.
• Delivered national studies series in food insecurity assessment surveys,
vulnerability analysis and households coping strategy to living the current crisis in
West Bank and Gaza Strip, funded by USAID.
• Designed operational guides, technical training, selection criteria, placement, and
recruitment, specialized training and coaching services for fresh graduates and
proposed employment generation programs as part of the Palestinian Enterprise
Development USAID funded project both in West Bank and Gaza.
• Formed regional and local Agribusiness Cluster working groups, trained, coached
them to undertake local/regional agro-industry clusters and competitiveness
• Proposed capacity building and institutionalized business development unit within
the Palestinian Food Industry Association in West Bank and Gaza Strip, with
cooperation with Stanford Research Institute International (SRI).
• Surveyed the local consumption of pharmaceutical medicines and assessed the
demand and supply for the consumed medicines in West Bank and Gaza Strip.
• Trained key small businesses enterprises CEOs and seniors in the Palestinian
Federation of Industry about Leadership Styles, Strategic Planning, Financial
Control and Improving Business Performances.
• Developed policy reform assessment tools, capacity building, baseline surveys,
organizational development tools, code of conduct, board of directors
management bylaws, image building and networking guides for the membership-
based business associations.
• Designed fundraising initiatives, controlled of donations allocation, costing
centers, spending centers, control overall financings, budgeting, auditing, reporting,
and ensured overall financial control and coherence with strategic goals of the
Palestinian Forum Development, Gaza;
• Drafted and finalized strategic manual and financial policies for the Palestinian
Federation of Industry, sponsored by USAID.
• Provided technical monitoring and supervision for the implementation of
Replanting Demolished Farms by Organic Agriculture Techniques, Norwegian
People’s Aid (NPA) 2007-2008.
• Delivered and supervised the technical design, site selection, architectural drawings,
infrastructure location planning, organizational structure, operational plan and
prepared business plan for establishing the Heritage Village in Gaza Strip ($8
million budgeted project), Implemented by the Culture Arts and Popular Heritage
Association-sponsored by the Palestinian Ministry of Tourism.
• Audited and assessed the situational analysis, SWOT and recommended course of
actions for the Private Hospitals capacity building need assessment in West Bank
and Gaza Strip, sponsored by DAI.
• Prepared strategic business plan and marketing customer services strategy and
supervised technical oversight business performance for the Medical Sensory
Rehabilitation Institute in Khan Younis villages. Improved its operation and
expanded its customer segmentations and provided business to business facilitation
and networked with NGOs to better serve challenged people with specialized
services in rehabilitation and home based nursing.
• Provided the followings Business Development Services for more than 150 clients
from local in regional institutions, NGOs, Public sectors and SMEs: Training
design, material development, need assessment tools, pre-training evaluation and
post training evaluation tools, coaching and mentoring, training guides, and coached
trainers and delivered various technical training programs with client’s co-trainers:
o Strategy formulation and deployment;
o Community development;
o Advocacy and use of media;
o Residential and commercial planning;
o Rural development and social cohesions;
o Indigenous community integration;
o Poverty reduction strategies;
o Gender and vulnerability analysis;
o Feasibility studies and project evaluation;
o Human resource management system;
o Total quality management system;
o Balance Scorecards as performance management;
o Leadership styles;
o Effective writing skills;
o Writing project proposals;
o Fundraising campaign and strategies;
o Project management;
o Public administration;
o Effective communication and interpersonal skills;
o NGOs development;
o Public relations and image building tools;
o Business Incubation Management;
o Preparing Business Plan;
o Clusters Development and Regional Competitiveness;
o Marketing plan;
o Financial management and budgeting;
o Accounting procedures and costing;
o Game theory and pricing strategy;
o Customer services and client relationship management;
o Strategic planning and operation management;
o Monitoring and Evaluation techniques and tools;
• Reviewed ELDIS various guides and proposed improvement actions.
• Developed Microfinance training materials and shared microfinance tools and
templates for the benefit of the poor; main materials were chosen for Microfinance
MBA case studies.
• Strengthened the establishment of capacity and institutional building of Sharek
Youth Forum. One of the biggest leading youth organizations in Palestine, where it
has over 15 branches and more than 30 employees.
• Technically supervised construction and building activity and prepared progress
reports for Agricultural College in Beit Hanoun and Al Azhar University.
• Designed and oversaw the establishing of PALTRADE (The Palestinian Trade
Center) Information Resource Center that providing an updated market intelligent
studies and market researches about MENA markets and institutionalized the portal
network in both West Bank and Gaza with access to International Trade databases
sponsored by UNCTAD and USAID.
• Provided oversight consulting technical monitoring over the Emergency
Rehabilitation of Damaged Buildings & Municipal Infrastructure in Beit Hanoun
(Value $2,828,989) with cooperation with UNDP.
• Designed proposal assessment methodologies and grantee selection mechanism that
ensure the distribution of fund, through a fair and transparent professional
approach to the different counter parts from the different sectors e.g. private sector,
health education, handicapped, youth, women, etc. for UNDP/PAP.
• Working to build capacities and institutional systems with participatory clients in
developing manuals and enhancing decision making capabilities in: networking and
strategic management systems; non-profit project management system, board of
directors bylaws, strategy formulation and deployment, business plan, human
resource management guide, policy and advocacy tools, linkages, image building
toolkits, networking, financial management and accounting policy guidelines,
procurement system, and fundraising strategies and proposal writing skills. We
provide our key clients with the above-mentioned capacity building systems/tools.
We have contracted to provide the above mentioned services for:
o NGO-Grassroots Organization, the Palestinian Association for Society
Service, Gaza Strip.
o Private Business-Medical Sensory Rehabilitation Institute, Khan Younis
o NGO-Community-Based Organization, Safe Agriculture Producers Society,
o NGO-Culture Arts & Popular Heritage Association, Gaza Strip.
o NGO-Grassroots Organization, Association for Family Service, Gaza Strip.
o NGO- Beit Lahia Development Association, North Gaza.
o NGO- Assada Society for Family Support and Supervision, Gaza
o NGO- Association for the Protection of Olive Trees, Gaza
o NGO-Agriculture Cooperative, Beit Hanoun, Gaza.
o NGO-Women and Child Rights Society, Gaza
o NGO- Charity Society for Women and Child Development, Rafah
• Prepared feasibility study and monitored the Medical Sensory Rehabilitation
Institute to open new branch in Gaza City with customized Health Services in
clinical psychology counseling, speech pathologies and hearing aids, physiotherapy
treatment, rehabilitation services and health awareness programs.
• Joint ventured with Coffey International to deliver Banking Training Programme:
Small Lending Practices at key local Banks to provide loans for SMEs in Palestinian
Territories funded by European Commission, KfW and the European Investment
• Joint ventured with AdamSmith International and ALTI Consulting to deliver
Technical Assistance Project of MICROECONOMIC REFORM AND QUALITY
GROWTH PROJECT FOR AFGHANISTAN, DFID Funded.
• Working in establishing a Communication Strategy and Promoting Awareness for
the Avian Influenza and Influenza Pandemic with cooperation with Ministry of
Health and UNDP.
• Preparing project proposal for youth graduates development initiative sponsored by
MEPI, US Department of State, US Consulate General, Jerusalem.
• Providing technical oversight design and implementation of project proposal of
providing and ensuring food security through animal production cooperatives over
3 years, sponsored by ICRC.
• Designed and presented project proposal to strengthen the Palestinian family, child
and youth psychological health, sponsored by Welfare Association
• Designed and prepared a project proposal for Developing Capacities of
Disadvantaged Headed Household Women aged 20-35 years in the Underserved
Areas in Gaza Strip. NASEEJ funded $250,000 over 24-month duration,
implemented by PASS.
• Designed and prepared project proposal to Build Grassroots Capacities and
Strengthening Entrepreneurship Initiatives for the Poor Women in underserved
areas in Gaza Strip, SEED Grant proposal 2008.
• Linking Small Farmers Producing Organic Agriculture Crops into Local and
Regional Market in Gaza Strip, DM 2008 Award.
• Developing Capacities of Disadvantaged Headed Household Women in the
underserved Areas in The Northern Gaza, Gaza City, Middle Areas, Khan Younis
and Rafah, Gaza Strip, Belgium Technical Cooperation Jerusalem, BTC grant.
• Drafted and finalized proposal of Dialogue Youth Club. NPA 2008 youth initiatives
in Gaza City,
• Initiated proposal for Developing Entrepreneur Youth Initiative “STARTING
FOOD PROCESSING PROJECTS”, NPA 2008 Youth Initiatives in the Northern
Villages of Gaza implemented by Palestinian Food Industry Association, PFIA,
• Proposed project of Developing National Database of Graduates Youth, NPA
• Designed Employment Generation Projects for Agricultural Land Reclamation in
Eastern part of Gaza City and Rural Areas, sponsored by Welfare Association.
• Proposed projects for Poultry Farmers and Avian Influenza Awareness for Poultry
Farmers Owners Associations, Gaza Strip, sponsored by AFD.
• Prepared project proposal for Integrating Indigenous people in rural and
community development initiatives in Northern Gaza and South Gaza, sponsored
by International Fund for Agricultural Development, IFAD.
• Designed Technical Proposal for Recycling the Animal waste, plant waste and home
disposals for Organic Compost Fertilizers used for Safe Agriculture Producers in
Gaza Strip, sponsored by International Environmental Protection Grants, UK.
• Proposed proposal for Community Approaches to coping with the Traumas of
Violent Conflict for vulnerable in rural and underserved villages, sponsored by EU.
• Participated in assessing the needs of the marginalized groups in Gaza: Poor Headed
Household of Women, Farmers, Fresh Graduates, Unemployed labors, Challenged
people, venerable aged people, poor neighborhoods: Sponsored by The Wellcome
Trust-Engaging with Global Health Research.
• Preparing for Gaza Human Development Report Human Security Grants,
sponsored by the UN Trust Fund for Human Security, the Government of Japan.
• Developing proposals for Women Equality Rights in Gaza Strip, sponsored by EU.
• Delivered technical assessment study for the Palestinian NGOs working in the field
of Women and Child Development.
• Technical proposal for FARAH and MARAH DAYS sponsored by Save the
Children Federation in Gaza Strip.
• Proposed technical interventions project in Traumatic based Conflict and its Impact
on Children Social and Psychological Welfare, sponsored by Welfare Association.
• Participated in the 2008 World Business and Development Awards in support of the
Millennium Development Goals sponsored by ICC, UNDP and IBLF, in
association with the Corporate Responsibility Initiative, Harvard Kennedy School,
the UK Department for International Development and the Financial Times.
• Delivered project proposal for Mobile Cultural Act Performance for Child
Recreational Activities, sponsored by Switzerland Development Cooperation, SDC
• Drafted project proposal study for Municipality Council in Beit Lahia and Beit
Hanoun for Environmental Effect Tout in the Gaza Strip and Waste Water
Treatment in Beit Lahia Villages.
On-going activities during 2009:
• Designing and developing a specialized educational development TV Project in local
market, sponsored by Bedaya Union: Consortium of key local 4-NGOs and seeking
funding from Donors.
• Development of Water Desalination Unit Operating on Solar Energy, For Energy
Production Company, The Palestinian Facility for New Market Development Project
(FNMD), Funded by DFID and World Bank and Implemented by DAI (6 months)
• Undertaking organizational need assessments, providing consulting, coaching and
training of board of directors, designing and developing applicable bylaws, administrative
procedural system and financial management systems; providing 150 training and
coaching hours for key constituencies of Agricultural Cooperatives Society and CBOs
throughout Gaza, through PARC and funded by Netherlands Representative Office-
Ramallah, (Three months).
• Designing on-going and impact evaluation ToRs for Cooperative Agricultural
Associations, directed by PARC.
• Undertaking Labor force market study at macro level in West Bank and Gaza for PITA
ICT workforce development strategy directed by Mercy Corps and PITA;
• Delivering various statistics surveys for PCBS in West Bank and Gaza Strip.
• Delivering project management cycle and fundraising strategy and designing and
formulating project proposals of $2million for potential EC funding.
VI. The organizational capabilities of the firm:
The consulting group is independent foundation and has the capacity to host many clients
and deliver capacity and institutional building and training programs with fully equipped
various places in the central of Ramallah in the West Bank and Gaza and can expand its
operations upon short notices, the group associated with key local and international
consultants holding PhDs in Academia and professional consulting industry and
administrative staff, they both are available to deliver high quality technical and managerial
services when the need arises, The Group also have accessed to network with suppliers, sub-
contracting with universities, international firms, NGOs, municipalities, local neighborhood
committees and local village community and private businesses that entails ourselves the
flexibility to cope with the needed consulting tasks and we have networking databases of
high professional experts in all fields and it is easy to our associate international consultant
relocated and deliver online home based consulting services promptly and accessed to
talented local consultants to perform excellent jobs.
VII. CGD Organizational Structure:
CGD Board of Directors
Technical Director Director General
Strategic & HRM Specialist Operations Officer
M & E Specialist Accountant
TQM Specialist Financial Officer
Engineering & Project
PR & Marketing Officer
Capacity Building Specialist Clients Relationship Officer
NGOs Development Specialist Procurement Officer
Economist Supporting Officer
IT Specialist Office Secretary
VIII. Our founders:
Chief Technical Advisor and Team Leader (Khaled Ayesh) is holding an MBA degree in
Management from distinguished USA business Schools with honor, with over 15 years of
diverse professional, technical and managerial experiences, has been working with key donor
funded projects: Institutional Capacity Building Expert, Economist/Statistician EU FWC
Social Protection Program, Business Advisor for USAID Private Enterprise Development
Project in West Bank and Gaza Strip, Training, Monitoring and Evaluation for the World
Bank funded Social Safety Net Reform Project in West Bank and Gaza, Feasibility Studies
Expert for InfoDev ICT Incubator; Business Lecturer in Business Communication and
Writing Proposals at Community College for Science and Applied Technology, worked in
the USA, Clarion Counties as International Marketing Consultant for the Biotechnology
Center and Small Business Development Center at Clarion University, and Projects Officer
for the British Council and DFID Funded Strengthening Health Management Project in
West Bank and Gaza. Worked with UN with competent financial management and
budgetary control, Solid knowledge of NGOs and Private Sector Development and
Institutional capacity building, equipped with international best practices in strategy
formulation and deployment, designing technical training material and deliveries; leading for
legacies and sustainable development for all stakeholders.
General- Director (Sufian Bahri) is US citizen and Palestinian expatriate, holding MBA in
Marketing and Public Relations, with over 15 years expert in USA small businesses,
establishing business ventures; owning a portfolio of US investment projects in food
processing industries; Professional marketing strategy design and brand management,
excellent team worker, interactive communication and public relation actor, knowledgeable
of personnel supervision and human resources appraisal and performance management.
Developing business plan and financial statements and operation advisor, expert in
developing NGOs capacities, grassroots and community-based organizations; specialized in
fundraising and project proposal writings and monitoring and evaluation, and speaking
fluent English and Greece languages.
Consulting Group for Development, CGD
Turning Ideas into Advantages,
56-65 Building, 3rd floor, Shifa Tower, Shifa St.
Rimal-Gaza Strip, Palestinian Territories
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com