• When all the sons reached adulthood, Abd-al-
Muttalib said he had to keep his promise and
sacrifice one of his sons
• This is when 100 camels became equal as blood
money to a humans death
• The third story during Abd-al Muttalibs time
was the story of the year of the Elephant
• Abraha was the governor of the Najashi in
• His people would go to do Hajj and he said that
he wanted to build a house in his place and it
was beautiful and said they can do Hajj there
• He wanted that to be the place for the Christians
to do Hajj
• One person went there to relieve himself
• Abraha got angry
• He wanted to establish his place
• He had elephants from Africa and marched to
the Kaba with 8-20 elephants
• The chief elephant was Mahmud
• The Quraish left the Kaba for Allah to protect it
• Mahmud stopped moving towards the Kaba
1. What would the death of human being be
2. Who was Abraha?
3. Why did he want to destroy the Kaba?
4. What did the elephants do?
• Allah sent birds with stones from Jahannam and
as soon as a stone hit each person, they would
• Abraha was also hit and he died right before he
reaches his home in Yemen
• The Prophet(sws)’s lineage is the most noblest
• Allah defends the Kaba
• Who lived in the area, Amina
• She was pregnant with the Prophet(sws)
• Allah protects the Prophet(sws)
1. From where were the stones that Allah sent
with the birds?
2. Where did Abraha die?
3. Other than the Kaba, what else does Allah
The complete lecture can be found: