Data cataloguing and management - Joel Benn (ANDS)
Data cataloguing and management
To be covered today
• Highlight some key ANDS messages around why cataloguing and
data management is important.
• Discuss several components required for high value data assets
and a borderless data ecosystem.
• Introduce a new ANDS project.
• ANDS Collections Registry Harvester.
Towards a borderless data ecosystem
• Data Management Plans.
• Standards and existing frameworks.
• Identification and connections using sustainable identifiers.
• Standard vocabularies.
• Provenance information.
ANDS Data Services Registry Project
• Develop a comprehensive services registry focusing on data
• Registry will act as a broker between service providers and
• Initial phase will focus on OGC data access services.
• Work with data service consumers and providers to
understand the current landscape and requirements.
ANDS Collections Registry Harvester
• ANDS Collections Registry Harvester can harvest directly from
• No longer required to construct RIF‐CS to provide to ANDS.
• Transformations configured in the ANDS Registry.
• For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
T: 61 2 6125 1213
With the exception of third party images or where otherwise indicated, this work
is licensed under the Creative Commons 4.0 International Attribution Licence.
ANDS is supported by the Australian Government through the
National Collaborative Research Infrastructure Strategy Program.
Monash University leads the partnership with the Australian
National University and CSIRO.