Selling Your Life Insurance: What You Need To Know
Selling Your Life Insurance:
What You Need To Know
What Is A Life Settlement?
A life settlement is the sale of a life insurance policy that provides
seniors with immediate cash.
Why Choose A Life Settlement?
There are numerous reasons to sell your life insurance for cash:
• To cover your expensive and unexpected medical bills
• Your fixed income isn't enough to live off of
• A loved one is facing financial difficulties and you want to help
• You can no longer afford your monthly life insurance premiums
• Another investment opportunity makes more financial sense
• You want to pay off debts
• You want to have money to fulfill your bucket list
The cash you receive from a life settlement can be used as you wish,
there are no restrictions on how you spend, save or invest your money.
What Type Of Policies Qualify?
A life settlement can be offered on numerous policies like:
• Joint Survivorship
• And More
What’s My Policy Worth?
The value of a life settlement will be typically be less than the face
value of the death benefit. However, a life settlement can be worth up
to 8 times the amount than that of the surrendered value from the
bank that manages the policy.
How Is The Value Calculated?
A number of factors can impact the value of a life settlement:
• Age of the policy owner
• Terms and conditions of the policy
• The current value of the policy
• And more
Advice After Payout
While you have the freedom to use your life settlement funds as you
wish, you should still consider using the money wisely. Here are some
suggestions to keep in mind:
• Stick to a budget
• Pay off existing debt
• Set aside a 'fun' fund for enjoyable activities
• Purchase interest-bearing CDs to watch your money grow
• Protect your loved ones by setting up a will
The Next Step
If you want to sell your life insurance policy, let the experts at
Asset Funding Corporation help you get the most out of
(800)542-9513 | SellYourInsurance.com