• We are just getting started
Phase One introductory webinars every
Tuesday, March 25 through May 13
Phase Two webinars June and July 2014
• Designed to be limited-risk opportunities to try
Not THE answer but a few possible answers
• Selected to provide something for everyone
Digital solutions to fit a variety of store business models
and institutional environments
Tenets of the Program
• Recognize individual stores have the best
understanding of what will and won’t work on
• Create technology opportunities in concert with
physical textbooks and alongside existing store
• Establish the store as a true partner with input
on the pilot process and objectives
Integrating the Delivery of Digital
Textbooks through Retail
Kortext is a digital textbook platform specifically designed
for higher education and to work in partnership with
bookstores. The platform allows students interactive online
and offline use of front list textbooks with a range of tools to
aid the learning process.
In this presentation we will
• Examine the different business models of our partner stores
• Discuss our implementation case studies
• Present how we partner with booksellers to deliver the latest
learning technologies to the student.
Digital Content Platform Training–
Customized and Campus Wide
It is critical that your staff is familiar with all products available
in store, but vendor demos may not be enough to help them
make authoritative recommendations to faculty.
Montezuma director Kim Mazyck will
• Create a series of user friendly videos that demonstrate how
to use some of today’s most popular technologies
• Show you how to create your own store YouTube channel to
house all your videos
• Help you to create instructional videos that are specifically
tailored to your store.
Developing Productive Partnerships with
Not a one-size-fits all solution! During the webinar, we’ll explore
• Pearson’s transition from traditional higher education
publisher to a learning services provider
• How services in addition to emerging product types - access
codes, e-texts and digital & print custom - can increase sell-
through for the store
• A range of course, department, and program-based solutions
that can be made available through Pearson
• The kinds of ongoing support that Pearson will offer to make
the program a success on your campus.
Digital Copyright Management to Lower
Student Costs and Improve Store Margins
Developed at Stanford University, SIPX is an easy way
to offer digital course readings through bookstores that
• Reduces the cost of course materials for students
• Lowers the cost and time necessary for stores to clear
copyright, allowing better customer satisfaction
• Strengthens school/library relationships by linking in the
library subscriptions and allowing for LMS collaboration
• Provides usage data that enables a bookstore to
demonstrate value to faculty and school.
Your Future Bookstore: StudySoup’s
Roadmap for Custom Course Materials
• You are in a constant price and inventory battle with
competitors who have no price or inventory ceilings.
• A bookstore’s main source of revenue still comes from
textbooks which are now sold by every online outlet, as
well as publishers themselves.
• How do you compete? Work with teachers to offer
complete custom reading materials.
In this webinar, we’ll show how StudySoup is working with
current stores to take their in-house custom materials
online, and how you can build a teacher’s entire course
using these tools.
Branded Store Platform: Keeping
Custom Content Under Your Control
• Do you have professors looking distribute a custom eTextbook
or course packet?
• Are you looking to offer a mix of digital and print offerings to
fit your student’s needs?
• Do you want to maintain control of digitizing and distributing
your custom content?
• Do you wish to sell digital course material in-store and online?
This webinar will offer solutions to these questions and more
while providing an overview of how other bookstores have
utilized a custom-branded platform to complement their
Working Together on the 100% Model
• The college store is the transaction expert on campus and
should have a seat at the table as the administration considers
the course fee model (or text-with-tuition or every-student-
pays or the 100% model).
• Cengage Learning has years of experience working with
college stores on the innovative business model.
We look forward to sharing what we have learned from our
various pilots and the ongoing partnerships we have in
place. Learn how you can become part of the conversation!
Personalized and Adaptive Study Aids
• The most challenging aspect of student life: How do I manage
and execute my study time to be as effective as possible to get
the grade I need?
• McGraw Hill’s adaptive suite helps ensure student success by
adapting to the individual strengths and weaknesses of
students and focusing them on the topics they need when
they need them.
We look to grow this success into a strong, store-based,