• Fakie is on of the most basic stunts.
• Ifakie is riding backwards with the tail facing in the direction of
travel. When used in conjunction with a trick name, like
"fakie ollie", it means that the trick was performed as it would
normally be done with the exception of riding backwards. Not
to be confused with "switch" or switchstance which is literally
"switching" ones stance. (from either regular or goofy to the
opposite.) with the nose pointing in the direction of travel.
• The Ollie is a skateboarding trick where the rider and board leap into
the air without the use of the rider's hands. Usually done on flat
• The Rock to Fakie is a skateboarding trick performed on a
quarterpipe of mini ramp.
• The skater rides up the ramp and, right at the top edge of the
ramp (called the "coping"), he or she stops with the board
balanced right in the middle on the coping. the skater rocks up
a little, then back down and rides back down the ramp, going
the opposite way that the skater rode up.
• In skateboarding, Grinds are tricks that involve the skateboarder
sliding along an object using the trucks of a skateboardrather than
• A 50-50 grind is when a skateboarder grinds with both trucks. When
most skaters grind something, they use both trucks, and so are 50-
50ing whatever they are grinding on
• The board straddles the obstacle perpendicularly as the skateboarder
slides along the center of the board