The Future Of Business Applications Through Cloud Computing!! Presented by Ashar Azam
The Future of Business Applications
through Cloud Computing.
Mohammad Ali Jinnah University
To Reduce Cost.
To Increase Earnings.
But To Get There You Need Business Applications
They Block Lots Of Investments Cause They Are
Data Center, Office Space
Networks, Servers & Storage.
Complicated Software List With
Team Of Experts & Technical
They Need Development &
When There Is A Big Problem
You Call Technical Support
They DO NOT know.
They Blame On Others.
When The New Software
Comes, It Brings The Entire
System Turn Off.
It Is Like A Shared Data Center You Just Plug
In Like The Utility.
Business Are Running All Kinds Of Applications In Clouds These Days.
They Cost Less Cause You Don’t Need To Pay
For People + Product +Facilities To Run.
– Network made up of millions of cheap servers, that would
store staggering amounts of data, including numerous
copies of the world wide web
– Makes search faster, helping ferret out answers to billions of
queries in a fraction of a second
Google has invested more than $2 billion a year in data centers
for cloud computing.
By far the leader in the technology
Marissa Mayer, Vice President, Search Products & User
Experience, talks about Google Clouds, its product,
uncertainties and future expansions and ideas
Introducing IBM Smart Business cloud solutions.
Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud “Amazon EC2”
– web service interface that provides resizable computing capacity
in a cloud
– designed to make web-scale computing easier for developers
– reduces the time required to obtain and boot new server space
from weeks to minutes
– allows developers to pay only for capacity that they actually use
– Internet-scale cloud computing and services platform hosted in
Microsoft data centers
– Provides a range of functionality to build applications that span
from consumer web to enterprise scenarios
– Designed to help developers quickly and easily create, deploy,
manage, and distribute web services and applications on the
• Reduced Hardware equipment for end users
• Improved Performance
• Lower Hardware and Software Maintenance
• Instant Software Updates
• Less Expensive (Amazon example)
• Better Collaboration
• Pay for what you use
• Security Issues (#1 concern)
• Internet connection
• Too many platforms
• Location of Servers
• Time for Transition
Pakistan’s first free English-to-Urdu dictionary goes online
- Hosting and Development Platform : Blogger.com
- Mail : Google Apps
- Database/DB Apps : Zoho Creator
- Web storage : Google Apps
- Commenting system : Facebook
- Analytics: Google Apps
- Investment: Domain Registration approximately :3000
50 users a day average without any promotion.
It reached 3000 unique hits a day.
After Dawn story published website got 3045 hits in one day from all over the
world 50000 plus 112 countries
By the cloud computing small business have now chance to
Access of any applications/ programs/ software by using the
Need professionals and expert in the field of cloud
Innovative Ideas, application create more and more.
Low Cost with high efficiency.
Business depend on the cloud computing , but they need high
The rise of new industry leaders and IT vendors.
More self-service IT from the business-side.