Definition of teamworkDefinition of teamwork
Teamwork is theTeamwork is the
concept ofconcept of
people workingpeople working
together as atogether as a
team for oneteam for one
specific purposespecific purpose
under the sameunder the same
Teamwork .... Why?
• Teams are a part of everyone's life. You're a
member of a family team.
• So it's appropriate that you understand how
to function effectively as a team member.
• Improves the working environment.Improves the working environment.
• keeps communication consistent.keeps communication consistent.
• keeps communication lined open.keeps communication lined open.
• Relieves stress.Relieves stress.
• Reduces errors.Reduces errors.
Teamwork depends not only on your
skills, but on your attitudes as well.
Guidelines for Effective TeamGuidelines for Effective Team
• Listen and share informationListen and share information
• Communicate with each otherCommunicate with each other
• Talk about “We” not “Me”Talk about “We” not “Me”
Ask questions and get
If an idea isn't clear to
you, it is your
responsibility to the
team to ask questions
until the matter is
Guidelines for Effective Team
• Conflict develops because we are
dealing with people's lives, jobs,
children, pride, self-concept, ego and
sense of mission or purpose.
Poor communicationPoor communication
Seeking powerSeeking power
Dissatisfaction with management styleDissatisfaction with management style
Weak leadershipWeak leadership
Lack of opennessLack of openness
Change in leadershipChange in leadership
How conflict occursHow conflict occurs
Avoiding ConflictAvoiding Conflict
• Meet conflict head on
• Communicate frequently
• Communicate honestly
• Be honest about concerns
• Agree to disagree
• Discuss differences in values
• Make a plan and then stick