• Men’s personal care and grooming market is just 5-6% of the
overall $10 billion (Rs.61,000 crore) personal care market
• It’s now a Rs. 2,500-crore market in India.
• Clocked 21% annual growth and is expected to touch Rs
6,870-crore in the next three years.
• Largest Market –Western India (28%)
• Previously a niche market. Target Shift .
• Rapid growth of more than 34%
• Skin creams segment in male grooming grew at 41%
• Fastest Growing Regions- East & North-East
• Men in India today—and especially those who fall in the age
group of 18 to 25—spend more money on grooming and
personal care products than women in India.
• Deodorants & perfumes 41% growth over the last 2 years
63% over the last 5 years.
OVERALL PENETRATION 32%
• Increase in disposable income.
• Men also realize ‘NEED’.
• Rise in Organized retail.
• Western culture?!
• Demand for natural products.
• More focus on male personal care.
• Increased focus on natural/organic products.
• Entry of International players.
• Penetration in Tier-I & II cities.
• Constant Innovation.
• Branding game!
• Rising Mergers & Acquisitions.
• Blossoming of the ‘Metrosexual man’(MOST PROMISING
CONSUMER MARKET OF THE DECADE)
OVER THE YEARS
• Indian men are finally coming out of the closet.
• Growth rate is 34%- women is 20% (Coming in as a shocker?)
Need is generally seen in
Self-Esteem, where Indian
men perceive beauty not just
in terms of face,but also in
terms of a fit body,confident
attitude & impressive
• Common man has evolved!
ROTI, KAPDA AUR
MAKAAN will no
Robust Economic Growth Rise in Employment
Growing Disposable Income
WHAT THEY DID THEN?
• BEST FRIEND IGNORANCE
• Grooming = Ladies stuff
• Backward Mindset
• ‘Mens don’t cry’ attitude!
WHAT ARE THEY DOING NOW?
• Shopping for themselves!
• Evolved into travellers!
• ‘50 is the new 30’ attitude.
• Cynical Uncle
• Couch Potato
• Desi guy
WHAT IS THE BRAND
• QUAITY PRDT FROM
• SKIN CARING
• ALWAYS ON THE MOVE
• TESTING NEW THINGS
• FEELING GOOD
• NEW AGE
• EXPERTISE IN
OVERALL STRATEGIES IN A BOX
• Realization through advertisements
• Innovation and Differentiation.
• Social Marketing
• Socio-Economic status
• Local Distribution
• Unisex quotient
• Getting more specific .
• Existence elsewhere than the Metros.
• Cultural Barriers
• Price Wars?
• Not completely changed.