Create and use a Dockerized Aruba Cloud server - CloudConf 2017
CREATE AND USE A
DOCKERIZED ARUBA CLOUD SERVER
16th March 2017
Turin, Cloud Conference 2017
Docker-machine: What Is It?
• it is a tool to provision multiple Docker hosts
• dockerize local or remote hosts
• provision Swarm cluster
• ArubaCloud is driver to manage dockerized
servers on our platform
• PRO Server (VMware, Hyper-V)
• flexible configuration
• cost per hour
• Smart Server (VMware with SSD storage)
• available in 4 sizes
New ArubaCloud Server (1/2)
• ac_action: NewSmart/NewPro
• Configuration parameters
• ac_endpoint: dc1, dc2, …, dc6
• ac_template: Ubuntu, centOS, etc.
• ac_size: Small, Medium, Large, Extra
New ArubaCloud Server (2/2)
• Credential parameters
• ac_username: Aruba Cloud username
• ac_password: Aruba Cloud password
• ac_admin_password: root password,
required for recovery console
• ac_ssh_key: Key Path (optional)
• All parameters can be set as enviroment
docker-machine env MyDockerHostName
# Run this command to configure your shell:
# eval $("C:Program FilesDockerDockerResourcesbindocker-
machine.exe" env MyDockerHostName)
docker-machine stop MyDockerHostName
Machine "MyDockerHostName" was stopped.
docker-machine start MyDockerHostName
Starting " MyDockerHostName "...
Machine " MyDockerHostName " was started.
Waiting for SSH to be available...
Detecting the provisioner...
Started machines may have new IP addresses. You may need to re-run
the `docker-machine env` command.
Verify Docker Engine (2/2)
In a web browser, go to http://<IP>:8000 to bring up the webserver home page.
• Command rm deletes the remote server
• With Pro machines command rm does not
delete ip address
• don’t forget to remove the purchased IP address using the web
dashboard if you don't need it anymore
• With Pro machines it is possible to reuse
an ip Address with argument ac_ip