Presented during a webinar with Discuss Agile, August 9, 2018.
I’ve met many ScrumMasters. Some of them have been full time dedicated ScrumMasters, but far from all.
In this webinar we will discuss the benefits of having a full time and dedicated ScrumMaster, and the challenges getting there.
When you register, we encourage you to list your ideas of why it is good to have a full time dedicated scrum master and the challenges you have faced.
We will also reveal and discuss an often forgotten responsibility of a ScrumMaster. Which, if addressed, may help the development team and the rest of the organization dramatically.
Benefits & Challenges
August 9, 2018
• Scrum Guide
• A ScrumMaster’s Checklist
• 42 Tasks for a ScrumMaster’s Job
• The Scrum Master is responsible for
• promoting and supporting Scrum as defined in the
• Scrum Masters do this by
• helping everyone understand Scrum theory,
practices, rules, and values.
• The Scrum Master
• is a servant-leader for the Scrum Team.
• helps those outside the Scrum Team understand
which of their interactions with the Scrum Team are
helpful and which aren’t.
• helps everyone change these interactions to
maximize the value created by the Scrum Team.
• Service to the Product Owner
• Service to the Development Team
• Service to the Organization
A ScrumMaster’s Checklist
• How Is My Product Owner Doing?
• How Is My Development Team Doing?
• How Are Our Engineering Practices Doing?
• How Is The Organization Doing?
42 Tasks for a ScrumMaster’s
Possible benefits of a
• Dealing with Root Causes
• Real Improvement
• Happy Team
• Happy Stakeholders
Service to the Organization
The Scrum Master serves the organization in several ways, including:
• Leading and coaching the organization in its Scrum adoption;
• Planning Scrum implementations within the organization;
• Helping employees and stakeholders understand and enact Scrum
and empirical product development;
• Causing change that increases the productivity of the Scrum Team;
• Working with other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of
the application of Scrum in the organization.