FTP sync of the catalog records
Patron authentification and item
status throus ILSDI webservice
Online Public Acces
Bokeh the 4G documentary portal.
•4G because it is a the same time an
– Rich OPAC,
• a CMS,
– a content aggregator
– and a digital library.
An enriched OPAC
• Bokeh automatically harvests on Internet servers
associated with your data records. Book covers, CDs,
CD ROMs and DVDs appear in the OPAC.
Readers consult the biography of the author on
Wikipedia.fr, they visualize interviews of contemporary
authors. They listen to extracts from audio files in your
library. They view the trailers of your DVDs.
• Naturally, all this requires no librarians interventions!
A simple to administer CMS
Bokeh allows you to easily create and manage portals
and mini-sites. So you can create sites for each of your
branches, in addition to your main portal.
• With Bokeh you can display to your users on the same
space your catalog, eBooks, resources from OAI or VOD
services. You can even provide data from other catalogs,
be it the nearby library or your regional library.
A digital library
• Bokeh allows you to manage your digital library. Gather
in one place your texts, images, sounds, videos, etc..
New patron oriented services
•Personalized mobile services
•Turn reality into virtual, and virtual into real
•Realtime interaction with social networks
Conference with online side
This is not an apple
Status of the bokeh project
• Bokeh is based on PHP Zend framework under AGPL
• Main contributors are AFI and Biblibre
• 200+ library consortia portals in France
• Multilingual but
– French is pivot language so far
– Only 1 library in Marc21
Bokeh example sites
• Simple site with responsive design for a small library
• Advanced site with multiple thematic subsites
• Moulins Heritage Library
• Consortium Portal
• Local Artists music streaming
More info on