In this chapter, the students are expected
to able to:
1. Invite, Accept and Refuse An Invitation.
2. Congratulate and Complement Others.
3. Express Agreement and Disagreement.
4. Make An Invitation Card, A Congratulating
Card and A SMS.
PRE – TEST..!
1. Do you ever invite your friend?
2. What do you say to invite your
3. What do you say if you accept
4. What do you say if you refuse
STUDY THIS DIALOG.!
Tom : Hi, Cilla. Have you had a
plan for the next Sunday?
Cilla : Not yet. What’s up?
Tom : How about visiting
Cilla : All right.
Jack : Are you free right now?
Betty : Yes. I have just finished
washing my clothes?
Jack : Why don’t we playing waves
in the beach?
I think the weather is nice
Betty : Okay. It should be fun.
INVITING SOMEONE :
Would you like …….?
Will you …….?
Would you mind .? (verb-ing)
What about ………?
How about ……….?
Accepting an invitation :
Oh, that’s a brilliant idea.
Sure, why not?
That’s a good idea.
That’s a great idea.
I’d love to.
Yes, I’d love to.
DECLINING AN INVITATION :
I’m really sorry. (reason)
I’m afraid I can’t
Oh, I loved to, but I don’t think I can.
That’s very kind of you, but I am really
sorry. I can’t.
I loved to, but I can’t.
Your challenging is
Please make a dialog based on this situation!
The situation : You will hold birthday party
tonight. You invite your friend to come to
your birthday party. What will you and
your friend say…?