What is Weight Training?
• Weight training is a common type of strength training for developing the
strength and size of skeletal muscles. It utilizes the force of gravity in the
form of weighted bars and dumbbells in order to oppose the force generated
by muscle through concentric or eccentric contraction.
Where did it start?
• Weight training goes all the way back to the time of Ancient Greece. Weight
training began when all of the Olympic athletes in Ancient Greece wanted to
train and improve their endurance and their physical fitness. During this time
the athletes did not have any type of weight equipment so in order for them
to improve their physical strength, they had to use elements from nature.
Benefits of Weight Training
• It improves your quality of life
• Promotes fat-free body mass
• Increases the strength of connective tissue, muscle, and tendons
• It improves bone density
• Increases your physical work capacity
Weight Training Today
• When it comes to weight training today, it is a lot easier for people to find
resources to use to help improve their physical strength. People tend to use
weight training equipment, which is weight plates, bars, dumbbells, exercise
machines and so much more to help improve their strength. It is said that
there are thousands of different weight facilities across the country, such as
gyms and health centers. That is the one most popular place that people go
to in order to improve their strength, is the gym because they have access to
all of the equipment needed for weight training.
My Thoughts on Weight Training
• In my personal opinion I believe that Weight Training is wonderful! I believe
that it is wonderful because anyone can do it, women or men. Weight training
helps people to get tone and to builds muscle for the individuals that want it,
and it is also just a great workout in generally. It is the type of workout that
will help people reach their goal, whatever it may be. It is also a great type of
training that you can constantly challenge yourself with and get better at