ABCs of Social Selling and Building Your Global Brand in a World of Social Cannibals
B2B buyers are anywhere between 57% to 70% through the buying process prior to engaging with sales. Your buyers are having a learning party without you. And the modern buyer is digitally driven, socially connected, mobile, and empowered with unlimited access to information. Is your sales team ready? This session will show why social selling is a critical part of global brand strategy, and how sellers should master social channels such as LinkedIn to cut through the noise from social cannibals.
Only 33% of buyers trust
what a logo tells them
But 92% trust what
another buyer tells them!
Meet the Modern Buyer
Decision-makers are more
Unlimited access to real-time information
about your company, products,
competitors, customers, industry
experts and influencers
"The best reps are not just present in social, they position
themselves as credible and influential sources in customer
networks.” This affords them more access to buyers.
- Sales Executive Council
Traditional Selling vs #SocialSelling
5 Pillars, Practices, Principles of Social
The 411 on Content
• Headline should be
your job title
• Include #hashtags
Review the “Who’s
• NEVER leave blank
• Tell stories
• Write in the 1st
person. This is not
• Choose skills you
want to highlight
do the same for
•High quality and
•11x more likely to
be viewed with a
Keys to a Successful LinkedIn
Add Rich Media to your Profile
1. Pick a simple and short username (this is your brand)
2. Create a personal profile
3. Upload a good picture (no eggheads!)
4. Include your LinkedIn URL in your bio
5. Listen first, find your voice
6. Follow influencers and experts in your field;
7. Share things that are useful and relevant to
8. Do no just self-promote or share your stuff
9. Engage with your followers (@reply, RT and mention)
10. Use #hashtags – example is #EmployeeAdvocacy #IoT
Is this a good Twitter profile?
• Keep up to date (NEWS)
– Spot industry news trends; find what’s
#hashtag trending, what’s important to your
– “Attend” industry events via #hashtag
– Stay current on what your competitors
• Which utilities/platforms should you use?
– Some social aggregators are more beneficial
than others (e.g., Hootsuite, TweetDeck, and
Twitter: Starts with Listening
6 Things to do Right Away!
• Optimize your LinkedIn profile for the Buyer; not the Recruiter.
• Create a Twitter account and/or complete your profile. Photo.
Bio. LinkedIn URL.
• Research and Follow your Customers on LinkedIn
• Expand your Professional Network. ABC = Always Be
Connecting. Leverage your College Alumni.
• Join LinkedIn Groups where your Customers are Members.
• Research and Follow your Competitors. See who they are
following and who is following them.
The ABCs of Social Selling – Always Be Connecting
@jill_rowley | #SocialSelling