QuickBooks is Intuit Inc’s set of software solutions
designed to manage payroll, inventory, sales and
other needs of a small business. The software’s
features include marketing tools, merchant
services, product and supplies, training solutions.
Each solution is developed according to different
industries and their needs.
• At least a 1.8 GHz processor,
• 1 GB of disk space,
• 256 MB of RAM for a single user and 512 MB of
RAM for multiple users.
• Additional requirements are dependent on the
desired software package.
• All software that is to be downloaded needs a
high-speed internet connection, Internet Explorer
6.0 or higher and 2.5 GB of free disk space.
The typical uses of QuickBooks include:
•Storing customer and vendor information
•Tracking sales and expenses
•Creating customer invoices
• Receiving payments from customers
• Analyzing sales and expenses
• Organizing financial data for tax purposes
QuickBooks Vs. manual accounting
• Automatically Calculations
• Reduces or eliminates math errors or mistakes
• Data entry is consistent
• Easy to make Changes
• Searching for information is easy
• Multiple report formats
• Minimal accounting knowledge
• easy to use
• Accurate calculations of financial data
• Save time and money
• Manage large amounts of financial data
• Executes accounting processes automatically
• Offers a variety of products
• Organizes all financial data
• Tax benefits
• Check Signing
• Convenient project estimates and billing
Disadvantages of QuickBooks
• Expensive and costly.
• Number of releases and features, makes Quick
Books more complicated to use.
• Upgrade Fees
Functions of QuickBooks