Successfully reported this slideshow.
Activate your 14 day free trial to unlock unlimited reading.
• Process in which computers and networks are scanned in order to identify
the presence of vulnerabilities associated with them.
• They do not differentiate the flaws that can be exploited and those that
• It provides enterprises with a more comprehensive application evaluation
• It alerts companies about the weaknesses in their systems
• It is the practice of testing a computer, network or web application to
• It may be performed automatically or manually
• Main objective is to determine security weaknesses
• It is also used to test organization's security policy
Types of Penetration Testing
• White Box Testing – Performing test from within the network
• Black Box Testing – Performing test from an external network
• Gray Box Testing – Performing test from an external network with the
knowledge of internal network
Areas of Penetration Testing
• Network Pentesting
• Web Application Pentesting
• Android/iOS Pentesting
Process of Network VAPT
• Information Gathering & Scanning
• Vulnerability Detection
• Gaining Network Access
• Privilege Escalation
• Making a report
Be the first to like this
Number of Embeds
You have now unlocked unlimited access to 20M+ documents!
Learn faster and smarter from top experts
Download to take your learnings offline and on the go
You also get free access to Scribd!
Instant access to millions of ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, podcasts and more.
Read and listen offline with any device.
Free access to premium services like Tuneln, Mubi and more.