The home DNA test can resolve
Fast and reliable response to
Quick Overview of a DNA Paternity Test
• Fast: the paternity test provides a clear answer on your
biological origins or your child?
• Reliable: the probability of paternity is at least 99.99%
for a paternity test carried out with the participation of
the father - mother - child.
• Confidential: the collection kit is sent in a discreet
envelope. The sample is collected at home and mailed
back to the laboratory.
• Easy: the sample is taken without pain or stress at any
age on infant, child, adult, or a pregnant woman.
Why a DNA Paternity Test?
• The DNA paternity test to confirm a biological link:
• with one child, sibling, parent or grandparent
• with a missing relative, after a long separation, or
• if in doubt about a baby exchange motherhood
• with a close family friend who would present an uncanny
• Prior to the opening of a procedure aimed at recognition of
paternity or contestation, to obtain a custody or visitation,
the resolution of issues of inheritance.
Who can participate in a paternity test?
• The DNA paternity test is usually carried out with the participation of the
This confirms paternity with a probability of at least 99.99%.
You can test simultaneously several siblings and several alleged fathers.
Even without paternal sample, the DNA test can be performed with
• a brother or sister whose paternity is known
uncle, aunt or paternal nephew
a DNA sample of the deceased father.
What samples can be used in a DNA
• The most common:
Buccal sample of saliva and cells from the inside of the mouth with a swab
• Taking maternal blood? (For the prenatal paternity test only).
• Where this is not possible, the laboratory can extract DNA from these
other types of samples:
• Hair, teeth, nails
• Blood stain
• Handkerchief or used condom
• Envelopes or stamps licked
• Stained fabrics
• Toothbrushes, toothpicks
• Cigarette butts.
Is a home paternity test confidential?
• The DNA paternity test is conducted confidentially:
• The collection kit is not large, it is sent to you by
regular mail in a discreet envelope
• Participants are free to take the test or refuse, they
fill out a consent form home
• Results are kept confidential and are only awarded
to the person who ordered the test
• The results can not be used in the context of legal
• The laboratory does not preserve DNA samples after
analysis, even for research purposes.
• Are the results of a
Does a DNA laboratory need to be
• The laboratory that DNA analysis has been accredited by
its supervisory authorities.
• Their equipment (sequencers, DNA analyzers, bio
informatics tools) and their sample processing procedures
are subject to regulatory controls.
• The tests are validated by obtaining the ISO 17025 and
• The laboratory performs tests twice to eliminate any
source of error.
• Additional tests may be performed when necessary to
enhance the probability of paternity.
Paternity Test Pricing
• Useful information:
A DNA paternity test with father involvement, mother
and a child costs $119.
• It is possible to involve other children or other alleged
fathersat an extra cost.
• Paternity testing is possible in the absence of the
father, please visit our website to know the practical
• Results are available 3 to 5 days. After receipt of the
• The express paternity test allows to have the results in
two days at an extra cost.
More information about Paternity Testing.
Visit our website: www.anylabtestwaco.com
For specific questions, please email us