Successfully reported this slideshow.
Activate your 14 day free trial to unlock unlimited reading.
Presented By- Anurag Bera
• It is also known as Hydroxil Acid, one of the major
components of acid rain. It has high specific heat and good
solublity. It is also a main part of many junk foods and cold
drinks available in the markets.
• What is it ?
• British Geographer John Anthony Allen gave this concept; how the
hidden flow of water embedded in a commodity are traded from one
place to another. Suppose it takes 2500 lit of water to produce 1 kg of
Rice hence if India exports 1 kg of Rice to USA, then by importing
Rice from India, USA is actually saving 2500 lit of water for it's
countrymen. This water embedded in a product is known as "X water".
• Decode the concept/the term.
(Hint:- X is a mode with which we all have been acquainted since last one year. )
• In August 2008, China Placed these artilleries with Silver Iodide fuelled
rockets around Bejing city.
• What was the aim to control ?
Hint :- if you know the use of Silver iodide injection then look the timeline and guess!
• Cloud Seeding.
• To divert the clouds/rains from the capital city during the 2008
• In 2018, Australian scientists came up with an ultra thin,
transparent, and sprayable sun shield using calcium
carbonate. It is aimed at addressing a pressing issue due to
• What is the purpose of this sun shield ?
• It can save Great Barrier Reef from Coral Bleaching.
• The earliest mention of this skill has been found in
Vatsayana’s Kamasutra. The principle of vibration of air
column present in the glasses or bowls that contain water at
different level, produces different sounds.
• Normally 22 cups with different level of filled water are
required to perform the act. The higher the level of water,
lower the sound it reciprocates.
• Which skill I am talking about ?
• সমুদ্রগথভণ অবহিয এই মহ্র টি সমুথদ্রর যজাযার-ভাটার সাথে যাল হমহলথয েখনও যজথগ ওথঠ,
আবার েখনও যহলথয ায। ভাটার সময যগথলই যেবল মহ্রটির দশণন পাওযা সম্ভব।
• মহ্থরর পযাোর চ
ূ ডা জানান যদয মহ্থরর অহিত্ব….
Ever thought one bottle of water can cost you 35000 rs!
• The French brand claims their 'natural spring water’ is not only the purest but also it
contains several of minerals which are not found in any ordinary brand. This brand
uses the most recyclable bottles worldwide. Hence, the cost of this 1 litre bottle is
perhaps the highest around the world.
• This brand came into limelight when one Indian athelete endorsed the brand in 2017.
• Name the athlete and also the brand. (5+5)